Author Topic: need some help/info guys!!!  (Read 1712 times)

Offline hainesz

• Here all the time
  • MK4 GTi 1.8T 20v AGU
Re: need some help/info guys!!!
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2010, 22:46 »
can you tell me how to check and what setting to use on the multi metre, and what the reading should be??? please... cheers buddy
...Burn Rubber...Not Your Clutch...

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2010, 19:08 »
yer no probz, sorry for the long delay been in work all day..

multimeter setting needs to be on ohms to read the resistance, (the symbol that looks like an upside down horse shoe)

unplug the connector,, and u should have four  terminals, put your multimeter across terminals 1 & 2, at 20 degrees C it should read between 1 to 5 ohms.

if you wanted to check voltage, multimeter across terminals 1 & 2 again and you should have battery voltage

hope this helps you out fella

Offline hainesz

• Here all the time
  • MK4 GTi 1.8T 20v AGU
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2010, 21:01 »
yer no probz, sorry for the long delay been in work all day..

multimeter setting needs to be on ohms to read the resistance, (the symbol that looks like an upside down horse shoe)

unplug the connector,, and u should have four  terminals, put your multimeter across terminals 1 & 2, at 20 degrees C it should read between 1 to 5 ohms.

if you wanted to check voltage, multimeter across terminals 1 & 2 again and you should have battery voltage

hope this helps you out fella

nice one buddy... when i unplug connector do i need the engine running? and do i check the loom side of the connectors? also you say " at 20 degrees c what temp is this in relation to?
cheers for all your help mate

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2010, 21:20 »
its ambient temp mate, its just and indication, to check resistance u dont need no power going through the sensor. to check voltage just turn the ignition on..

Offline hainesz

• Here all the time
  • MK4 GTi 1.8T 20v AGU
« Reply #14 on: 29 November 2010, 17:57 »
cheers buddy you've been a great help...