Author Topic: MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG - Atlantic Blue  (Read 11769 times)

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG - Atlantic Blue
« on: 04 March 2020, 11:55 »
This week, I collected my new car  :smiley:

MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG:
- Atlantic Blue
- 19" Brescia Alloys
- Discover Pro

On collection day:

At collection, i was pleasantly suprised that the car hadn't been covered in swirl marks or left with any marring or holograms during prep. The paint also felt very smooth, so I decided to just put a layer of sealent on for now.

I used Fusso Coat Soft99 Dark Wax which should give a few months protection. More than enough time for me to find a spare weekend to really get the paintwork at its best.

Here's how the car look afterwards:

I don't really have any plans to modify the car. To me, it's basically perfect as-is. The exhaust has a good sound, and it has all the cosmetic and functional features I want in a car. So, I'm just going to drive and enjoy it!
« Last Edit: 19 August 2020, 13:43 by Tallpaul »

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG - Atlantic Blue
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2020, 12:48 »
Some like to mod their cars - we all have our interests and hobbies but the base package on the MK 7.5 is at its end of life, matured best, so you get a lot of car really - Always liked that colour, its a classy one - The MK 7.5 GTI is a nice place to be, so enjoy the miles :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2020, 20:52 »
Looks great @Tallpaul. :cool:

I rate Fusso Coat Soft99 Dark Wax highly - it’s what my car is ‘wearing’ at the moment.

Enjoy your new car. :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2020, 21:57 »
 Enjoy the car. my turn in a week or two, feels like a lifetime !:If you’ve got any tips on what to expect or want to make sure I am given et cetera please feel free to enlighten me  :smiley:
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2020, 11:44 »
Enjoy the car. my turn in a week or two, feels like a lifetime !:If you’ve got any tips on what to expect or want to make sure I am given et cetera please feel free to enlighten me  :smiley:

Apart from making sure they give you the correct USB cable for your type of phone, handover is pretty straightforward :)

I'd already had a mk7 for a couple of years between 2016-18 so was familiar with a lot of features the car has, but I'd definitely take the time to understand all the features if they're new to you.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2020, 14:12 »
Not the most exciting update, but I've installed a wifi dongle in the boot, running a data-only SIM. This SIM comes with a free 200mb of data per month, which is plenty to provide a live traffic feed to the navigation without any additional cost.

I appreciate CarPlay effectively does this via Google Maps, but it irked me that there is an OEM feature not routinely in use and connecting to my iPhone hotspot is a faff. This is all tucked away in the spare wheel well, with just a cable running to the boots 12v socket.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2020, 18:05 »
Working from home and nowhere to go has given me plenty of time to keep the Golf clean. However, as much as I love a gleaming finish, it's a bit of a chore so I decided to stump up for a full ceramic coating.

The car had a wash, decontamination, single-stage machine polish and then GTechniq Crystal Serum Light was applied and topped off with Gtechniq EXO. The base coat should give 5 years of protection and the top coat will probably need renewal every 12 - 18 months. I'm very happy with the results, should make washing a much quicker process from now on and no need to wax or polish!

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2020, 19:23 »
Looks great! Lovely colour :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2020, 23:12 »
Not the most exciting update, but I've installed a wifi dongle in the boot, running a data-only SIM. This SIM comes with a free 200mb of data per month, which is plenty to provide a live traffic feed to the navigation without any additional cost.

I appreciate CarPlay effectively does this via Google Maps, but it irked me that there is an OEM feature not routinely in use and connecting to my iPhone hotspot is a faff. This is all tucked away in the spare wheel well, with just a cable running to the boots 12v socket.

Hi Tallpaul- sorry for raising this old thread but I am also interested in this  - can you tell us which network/wifi dongle (looks like huawei but I have only found "3" network) you went for and which/what type of cable runs from the dongle to the 12v socket? cheers
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 23:14 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2020, 07:47 »
Working from home and nowhere to go has given me plenty of time to keep the Golf clean. However, as much as I love a gleaming finish, it's a bit of a chore so I decided to stump up for a full ceramic coating.

Looks great, how much did it cost?
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1