Author Topic: MK4 GTI Tips & Tricks  (Read 82754 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK4 GTI Tips & Tricks
« Reply #40 on: 15 March 2009, 10:35 »
Make sure you're using the switch properly you have to pull it all the way back there's two stages if you like. ALthough I've noticed when I disconnect the battery I lose my one touch windows for a few minutes and then they return magically.

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 11 May 2009, 09:23 »
my onetouch windows only work on the drivers window and the front passenger window. but it doesnt work on the passenger window if the passenger opens it....make sense?

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2009, 10:54 »
my onetouch windows only work on the drivers window and the front passenger window. but it doesnt work on the passenger window if the passenger opens it....make sense?

I don't think it's meant to. I'll check on mine when i go to uni.

Offline davetec-s

• Not said much yet
  • ;)
« Reply #43 on: 22 July 2009, 20:37 »
thats what happens to mine!! the passengers window ( when controlled by the passenger) isnt one touch, only from the drivers side control! i didn know whether it was just my car or not! seems like its meant to be that way

Offline spetzdude

• Here all the time
  • I Bleed Blue!
« Reply #44 on: 25 August 2009, 21:08 »
is the only way of getting the miles to empty display, and the iluminated needles with that VAG plug in thing?

i realy want this, but dont want to spend £50  :cry:
Performance mods: Revo stage 2 map, 5 Peice Hose Kit, TIP, evoloution motorsport air filter, N249 by-pass, Forge spliter valve, lowerd 50mm (KW), Front & Rear Eiabach ARB, Full Milltek Turbo back exhaust.
Cosmetic mods: Tints,De-wiperd the rear, De-badged front grill, Sharan rear badge, Rear spoiler, 4mo rear valance, 4mo front spliter, arero wipers, stubby areial, DOTZ 18" Alloys, Boost guage, Smoothed Bumbers, ECS N75 Vlalve.
BHP: 231
TRQ: 341.3

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 25 August 2009, 21:15 »
is the only way of getting the miles to empty display, and the iluminated needles with that VAG plug in thing?

i realy want this, but dont want to spend £50  :cry:

Get someone who's local to to activate it for a beer tokens.

Offline spetzdude

• Here all the time
  • I Bleed Blue!
« Reply #46 on: 25 August 2009, 21:34 »
yea was thinking that, how do i find out whos local, shall i do a new post?
Performance mods: Revo stage 2 map, 5 Peice Hose Kit, TIP, evoloution motorsport air filter, N249 by-pass, Forge spliter valve, lowerd 50mm (KW), Front & Rear Eiabach ARB, Full Milltek Turbo back exhaust.
Cosmetic mods: Tints,De-wiperd the rear, De-badged front grill, Sharan rear badge, Rear spoiler, 4mo rear valance, 4mo front spliter, arero wipers, stubby areial, DOTZ 18" Alloys, Boost guage, Smoothed Bumbers, ECS N75 Vlalve.
BHP: 231
TRQ: 341.3

Offline Jack111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 27 November 2012, 00:41 »
had the window thing in a corsa i had looks good but rinsed about 3 batteries a year lol ps: doesnt work on golf agu for me
Golf Agu,K03s,Front mount,Tip,Decat pipe turbo back,BBS chs,Cupra r splitter,Boost guage,On its ass low,Hid's,Smoked lights,Full respray jet black

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 27 November 2012, 06:35 »
My heated mirrors have never worked :(

Also remote windows can be coded in by someoene who knows what they doing for a lot cheaper than the crap on that site.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

jamie16v

« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2013, 21:16 »
one thing i`ve noticed about my mk4 is that when i look in my rear view mirror, cars keep disappearing into the distance very rapidly. :tongue: