Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285823 times)

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1910 on: 08 December 2010, 17:09 »
Smart but one of them will have to back down, can't have 4 such similar cars against each other on track....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1911 on: 08 December 2010, 18:51 »
although both cars look good (team lotus looks better) i don't understand how either team can get away with what could be deemed subliminal cigarette advertising.

ferrari got b0ll0cked for thier barcode and were forced to change it and these scream jps as much as that did marlboro.

I hope team lotus win out on this but stick to green and yellow.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1912 on: 08 December 2010, 18:51 »
Think Lotus racing (Team Lotus) may end up backing down, they are already discussing sticking with the green and yellow of this season.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1913 on: 08 December 2010, 23:59 »
Lotus/Renault definitely seems to have a championship contending car by the looks of that!  :cool:

+ look at the cars shape, doesnt look KERS equiped to me!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1914 on: 09 December 2010, 00:46 »
Lotus/Renault definitely seems to have a championship contending car by the looks of that!  :cool:

+ look at the cars shape, doesnt look KERS equiped to me!

That's because it's not 2011's car. They don't get unveiled until the end of January.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1915 on: 09 December 2010, 01:54 »
Think Lotus racing (Team Lotus) may end up backing down, they are already discussing sticking with the green and yellow of this season.

that seems to be what the fans want anyway.

group lotus proton are just wasting money on this whole episode. It's not like either lotus or proton are massive profit making companies and proton are going to be even worse off soon when malaysia changes its car import rules.

They should have either just sponored team lotus or kept out of it altogether and had free advertising. I know proton lotus is a different entity to the old f1 and new f1 team but i think lotus is just lotus to most.

I can't see bernie letting this go on much past the new year and i'm not sure either team will be allowed to use gold and black for the reasons i mentioned before.

whatever happens there will not be 2 black and gold lotus teams next year.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1916 on: 09 December 2010, 07:11 »

whatever happens there will not be 2 black and gold lotus teams next year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see two very similar car thou, Red Bull and Torro Rosso are very similar colour schemed cars

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1917 on: 09 December 2010, 16:30 »
I think Team Lotus should go back to the original racing green colour that really dark green with gold would look sweet. 
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1918 on: 09 December 2010, 22:23 »
although both cars look good (team lotus looks better) i don't understand how either team can get away with what could be deemed subliminal cigarette advertising.

ferrari got b0ll0cked for thier barcode and were forced to change it and these scream jps as much as that did marlboro.

I hope team lotus win out on this but stick to green and yellow.

Simples JPS is no longer a brand I believe.

it is still a brand.

http://www.imperial-tobacco.com/index.asp?page=173

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1919 on: 10 December 2010, 12:19 »
The reason Fezza got in trouble was they were still recieving money from the sponsor and having the barcode. THe Lotus cars are just a homage to the old colour scheme and there is no tobacco sponsorship involved. Therefore they should have no problems.

Nick