Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285397 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #310 on: 03 September 2009, 15:07 »
fisi is going to the ball surprise surprise

http://www.ptinews.com/news/263502_Force-India-agrees-to-release-Fisichella

didn't see that one coming at all............

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #311 on: 03 September 2009, 16:01 »
Wow, Force India are being pretty darn good about it, but I guess Ferarri are compensating them enough to release him.  :undecided:

But I'm quietly smirking at the fact that Ferarri haven't considered Alonso. The fact that Alonso p!ssed on his own chips for discussing Ferarri's use of gases for tyre pressures, maybe? And handed a 50Mil fine to Mclaren for the pleasure.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #312 on: 03 September 2009, 16:42 »
I'm a bit disappointed tbh - I would much rather see a driver honour his contract, especially this far into the season.

I can appreciate what it must mean for an Italian driver to drive for Ferrari, especially with Monza coming up, but surely your going to get more kudos helping to develop a smaller team become more competitive. Or is it just me?

I' am not a Ferrari fan, so perhaps its just the thought that they feel they can buy their way out of any situation which doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #313 on: 03 September 2009, 17:11 »
What I will find really funny is if Sutil beats the Ferraris at Monza...  :laugh: :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #314 on: 03 September 2009, 17:12 »
That would be sooooo good!

I liked the Force India Technical Director after last weeks race:

"This wasn't a fluke, expect to see us right at the front of the grid from now on...."

Yeah alright mate, if you insist.  :rolleyes:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #315 on: 03 September 2009, 17:26 »
That would be sooooo good!

I liked the Force India Technical Director after last weeks race:

"This wasn't a fluke, expect to see us right at the front of the grid from now on...."

Yeah alright mate, if you insist.  :rolleyes:

People had that attitude with Brawn at the begining of the season. That Force India car was the fastest car last weekend by probably a tenth or two a lap. You can't fluke stuff like that. It may not be the fastest car in the next race but it won't be back at the back, it'll be top 6.

Nick

adamrob69

« Reply #316 on: 03 September 2009, 18:07 »
The car is quick, but not as quick as people are making out. there still only midfield at best.

the car was very fast at spa, and will be in monza, because all the aero on that car is all set up for low downforce, whereas the cars with alot of downforce such as the brawns struggled to get the setup.

Remember back to monaco when the mclarens were the fastest, despite having the worst car on the grid? because of the lack of downforce it helped it massivly on that one circuit.

This is showing up this season more then any other due to all the cars on the grid being completely different, and not carbon copies like previous seasons.

I do see them overtaking torro rosso though, FI updgrades seem to have improved the car alot, and the torro rosso just seems to be going downhill.

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #317 on: 04 September 2009, 00:02 »
Alonso is still on his way to Ferrari and Fisi will drop back to testing duties as and when Massa returns.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo  :cry:
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #318 on: 04 September 2009, 12:47 »
Alonso would probably try to re-arrange Ferrari like he did with McLaren. If he does, he won't get far, like he didn't with McLaren, poor love! :grin:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #319 on: 11 September 2009, 10:38 »
renaultgate

so someone is in the sh1t now either way.

Flav claims piquet has tried to blackmail him

Piquet claims they told him to crash.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78467