Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2838584 times)

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2380 on: 12 June 2015, 18:15 »
Thanks guys, too late now I thought it was a bit steep wish I had known I could have got it done cheaper through you mc madly. I guess I've been ripped off!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2381 on: 13 June 2015, 10:21 »
You know now though. Let me know if you want anything else done.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2382 on: 13 June 2015, 18:12 »
Gave the R a damn good wash and found some alcohol to correct something that had been bugging me since last week....

When I gave the car a G-Techniq treat as soon as I got it, I had a few issues with their Iron-X equivalent. It seemed to cook on around the side parts of the bonnet, as though it had reacted with the wax the dealership had applied, and would not come off with a water rinse and rub. Imagine what foam sometimes looks like on the sea. I got it off on one side, the other side I managed to lessen the effect - using Mer polish applied by hand for quite a while. I put the C2V3 on all over and it lessened the effect, you could only see it in certain light, and it was faint. It seemed to whiten quite strongly (enough for me to notice easily) over this week.

Applying the alcohol mixed with Mer to remove the C2V3 and wax in the affected area was finally enough to get rid of it. Put another coat of C2V3 on around the area and gave the front end/bonnet/wings/roof a second coat. Will probably give the doors, boot/back end and wheels a second coat next weekend. The Sun got out and I didn't want to apply any more in direct sunlight.

Phew! Thought I was going to have to pay a detailer to correct it all.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2383 on: 13 June 2015, 20:02 »
Drove back from Cardiff to Durham (303 miles) and achieved 53.9mpg. Wasn't taking it easy lets say that, but on the journey there was a cop car with an officer out of the window with a little camera like device.

Am I getting a ticket? He will of definitely clocked me but he was on his own and I didn't get pulled over, will that matter?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2384 on: 13 June 2015, 20:14 »
Drove back from Cardiff to Durham (303 miles) and achieved 53.9mpg. Wasn't taking it easy lets say that, but on the journey there was a cop car with an officer out of the window with a little camera like device.

Am I getting a ticket? He will of definitely clocked me but he was on his own and I didn't get pulled over, will that matter?

Can't help with you for sure Kyle, but it must be pretty difficult to prove speed of a car, from a handheld device that is held out of a side window of a moving car by a person, rather than straight on from a fixed point on the front of the pursuing car. The calibration of using a device that way must be a nightmare, to prove solid repeatable results. Don't think you're in trouble.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2385 on: 13 June 2015, 21:11 »
That's what I was hoping for, hoping it was an ANPR camera and he was checking for uninsured drivers. If not I'll just have to bite the bullet an accept it, hopefully will have the course option as I haven't been caught speeding before.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2386 on: 13 June 2015, 21:59 »
Was the cop car stationary?
On first reading of your post it looks like he was hanging out the window of a moving car but I thought to myself why would he need a device for ANPR when it would be installed in the car!!

I take it he was stationary at an angle not facing cars?

It could be a speed gun and no they don't have to pull you over.

I'm sure they have 2 weeks to notify you of it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2387 on: 13 June 2015, 22:28 »
Yeah car was stationary, copper hanging out his window. Guess its squeaky bum time for two weeks.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2388 on: 13 June 2015, 22:47 »
Yeah car was stationary, copper hanging out his window. Guess its squeaky bum time for two weeks.

Don't know why but I assumed the bobby car was moving. 14 days and you're clear.

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2389 on: 13 June 2015, 22:48 »
He was probably just taking a selfie to show his kids.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist