Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2838349 times)

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1410 on: 17 November 2014, 21:49 »
Swapped my bridgestones for f1s, obviously will have to scrub them in first but let's see if they make a difference.

A lot of 2nd gear acceleration after you left me then?!?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1411 on: 17 November 2014, 21:53 »
Lol yes mate lots of wheel spin but I was getting the geometry done so I thought I might as well get the tyres swapped over at same time, still had 2-3mm left on them too but never mind. Need all the grip advantages I can get :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1412 on: 17 November 2014, 22:01 »
Lol yes mate lots of wheel spin but I was getting the geometry done so I thought I might as well get the tyres swapped over at same time, still had 2-3mm left on them too but never mind. Need all the grip advantages I can get :smiley:

And the rest! Haha

Offline vance1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1413 on: 18 November 2014, 19:20 »
I've used it for years now and I have always been impressed with it.

I wouldn't bother with the Glos as they say that it is more of a quick detailer. Ive never trusted quick detailing the car as I believe you are just smearing the crap all over the car.

Both the prime and Jett are really easy to apply and seem to have about 3-4 months of durability.  I tend to apply 4 layers of Jett just allow 30 minute cure time in between which allows you do to other bits like wheels, engine bay, exhaust etc.
Thanks for that, just looking on Polished Bliss' website and its out of stock! Do you know of anywhere else to get it? Ta

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1414 on: 18 November 2014, 19:58 »
Well put air in my tyres as my tps light came on after they'd been fitted, turns out the garage had put 39 front left, 29 fl, 32 rl, and 33 in rr.... Thanks guys... put 36 in all round we'll see how it goes
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1415 on: 19 November 2014, 17:15 »
Taking a bit of a gamble on this. A friend of mine saw this on Aliexpress so thought I'd take a punt. Paid on CC, so I'm covered if it doesn't arrive but understand they have quite a good rep.

It's a MK7 RHD footrest for the GTD in the same style as the pedals. It will most likely take 3-4 weeks to arrive by registered China Post, but when it arrives and is fitted, I'll post up a little review.

Here's the beastie:

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1416 on: 19 November 2014, 17:36 »
That looks a lot like this one that never seemed to get finished?:

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION

Would be interested to see how you get on mate. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1417 on: 19 November 2014, 18:59 »
Look forward to hearing about that Sootchucker. How much it set you back?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1418 on: 19 November 2014, 22:26 »
yeah, like a lot of people I've been waiting for the one at Superskoda to be finished (for over a year now), and despite numerous emails, they never seem to answer.

I've already been notified that it's shipped so that's good. Cost was £34.10 (special offer), but there might be some import and VAT, we'll just have to wait and see.

When it arrives, i'll post some details on fit and finish and whether it's worth the money and of course photos.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1419 on: 24 November 2014, 20:13 »

Went abstract in Ashford