Author Topic: Burgundy VR6 - Project Colour Code! NOW SOLD!!!  (Read 209206 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Burgundy VR6 - Project Rainbow!! Mmmm Scorpion!
« Reply #50 on: 30 July 2010, 13:16 »
A nice little package arrived for me today with the shiny bits i've been waiting for since the the 3rd of July. Venom were good at keeping me in the loop as to what stage we were each week. :afro:

Me and my mate will be fitting this tomorrow:

All the bits are sorted and clamped so i know what to use tomorrow and what i don't need!!

Now roll on my other order  :cool:

Trying not to do a half assed job like i did to the other Golf lol

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #51 on: 31 July 2010, 15:57 »
:afro: :cool:

Had that same system fitted to my mk3 sounds awesome with an induction kit too  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 02 August 2010, 10:49 »
:afro: :cool:

Had that same system fitted to my mk3 sounds awesome with an induction kit too  :drool: :drool: :drool:

That will bring you to my next update soon..... :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Saturday i fitted the system with my mate. Full Cat back stainless steel Scorpion system with the oval box and a Jetex decat pipe.
Got under the car to find that who ever had it before me had welded in a straight through pipe where the car would be. This turned out to be a good and bad thing! Good being that all the bolts had been replaced so there wasn't 15 years woth of rust  :smiley: Bad being that who ever tried to put the Lambda sensor back in threaded it and there was about another 2 full turns to go  :angry: Took to my local garage for them to swap it over and thankfully it went straight into my new deacat pipe.  :smiley:

System is now on and fcuk me it sounds awesome!! Didn't realise the backbox would be so big though!  :shocked:

Will get some pics of how it looks and maybe a vid of the sound!  :cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 02 August 2010, 13:33 »
Just a quick snap, doesn't do it any justice and infact makes it look a little chavy!  :angry:

Need to get some new bushes as the other ones are a little perished, that's why it's sitting like it is!

Will get some better pics soon!

Even i'm looking at that and thinking WTF!!!! that picture just doesn't look right!!  :angry: :sad:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #54 on: 02 August 2010, 13:36 »
Get the Powerflex ones from Venom, they are excellent!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 02 August 2010, 13:49 »

I've heard good things about them, but i'm more then happy with the sound and looks of the Scorpion  :cool: Just that picture it looks funny!  :undecided:

Was outside the chinese Saturday night when i passer by commented on the car, he said i had a nice car and was being sincere!  :shocked:

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #56 on: 02 August 2010, 14:22 »
looks smart mate!
keep it up!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 03 August 2010, 12:44 »
Been on the phone to Venom Motorsport, new purchase should be here Friday  :cool:. car should be sounding even more awesome then!  :lipsrsealed:

Also ordered a machine polsher so will be heading off to the detailing section!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #58 on: 04 August 2010, 15:01 »
nice setup... be sorted when its hanging tight... jelous of your polisher!... wanna do the lips on my wheels!?  how much was it?

Offline DubSociety

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 04 August 2010, 15:10 »

I've heard good things about them, but i'm more then happy with the sound and looks of the Scorpion  :cool: Just that picture it looks funny!  :undecided:

Was outside the chinese Saturday night when i passer by commented on the car, he said i had a nice car and was being sincere!  :shocked:

Think he meant Powerflex bushes. And yes, I can vouch for them ... especially for the rear bushes, they are very hard wearing! and the fact it costs so much to change the rears at a garage, your better of fitting the best quality, first time round!