Author Topic: Just gave the underside a jet wash and a few coats of dynax uc.  (Read 6185 times)

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Just gave the underside a jest wash as all the subframes and suspension components was looking a bit rusty then gave it 2 coats of dynax uc . Should keep the rust at bay . I was going to use lanoguard for ease but looking at real reviews ( not lanoguards Facebook or sponsored reviews ) I don’t think it’s that good . Anyways here’s some pic . Not bad for a 6 year old car

2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
Late reply but I'm going to do this in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting. I'm going to use Dynax UB (the harder brown wax) for behind the liners and and non-visible areas and UC for the rest.

You're right about a Lanoguard, most favourable 'reviews' are sponsored or just astroturfing, and that they recommend applying it every 6 months tells me that it's not very durable.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
That really looks great for its age...
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Late reply but I'm going to do this in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting. I'm going to use Dynax UB (the harder brown wax) for behind the liners and and non-visible areas and UC for the rest.

You're right about a Lanoguard, most favourable 'reviews' are sponsored or just astroturfing, and that they recommend applying it every 6 months tells me that it's not very durable.
I’m planing to do wheels arches at the end of this summer also gives me a chance to see how the uc is holding up and top up if required.
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular

I’m planing to do wheels arches at the end of this summer also gives me a chance to see how the uc is holding up and top up if required.

Thankyou .