Author Topic: Edition 45 or Clubsport S  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
Edition 45 or Clubsport S
« on: 24 September 2021, 10:46 »
Looking some opinions
I Currently have an Edition 45 on order
If you owned a Clubsport S would you sell to buy an Edition 45 ?
Im in two minds to sell my S which I have owned from new and replace it with the Edition 45 or the other option is to sell my wife’s GTI PP and she can then use the Edition

Any thoughts appreciated

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Edition 45 or Clubsport S
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2021, 11:24 »
Personally no, I think the Edition 45 will likely hold its value well compared to a run of the mill CS due to their low numbers but its not as special in my opinion as a Clubsport S.

Don't get me wrong i think the new Golf is special but yours is specialer!!!!

I moved from a PP to a Clubsport that would be my option if I was you rather than sell the CS S I think you'd regret that
« Last Edit: 24 September 2021, 11:32 by Foxy367 »
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2021, 11:27 »
If I was in your position (sounds like a great place to be!) I would keep the S as it has the best chance of near depreciation free ownership. Plus what a great second car to have! As for the PP/E45 - with all the current issues I probably wouldn't go for the 45 right now, I don't think you're gaining much over the CS so I'd either wait for the issues to be sorted and get a well specced CS or see if there is something special in an E50!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2021, 11:55 »
I'd be keeping the Clubsport S and PX'ing the Performance Pack
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2021, 17:07 »
CS45 and CSS are totally different in terms of exclusivity. You keep the CSS and sell the gti. Hope you drive it, most don’t!  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2021, 17:38 »
Thanks for the input
Was always leaning towards keeping the CSS as I know I would regret letting it go
Had a deal done earlier in the year for a Cayman but in the end decided to keep the CSS
Its the longest I’ve ever kept any car - normally I get bored quickly but with the CSS that’s definitely not the case
Yes it’s used nearly every day and I don’t do a lot of miles there is only 15k on it
It’s been properly maintained probably actually over maintained and properly looked after from day one
ACF 50 on the underside from new removed and reapplied twice a year
Has a full detail 4 times a year
Has been ceramic coated from new and that HAS been topped up or reapplied when needed and also has PPF in some of the more vulnerable areas
It’s even had tailored seat covers fitted from the 1st day i collected it
Will be difficult to part with it if that day comes and it will be some thing special that’s needed to replace it

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2021, 19:11 »
Looking some opinions
I Currently have an Edition 45 on order
If you owned a Clubsport S would you sell to buy an Edition 45 ?
Im in two minds to sell my S which I have owned from new and replace it with the Edition 45 or the other option is to sell my wife’s GTI PP and she can then use the Edition

Any thoughts appreciated
remember that your Clubsport S is the most hardcore GTI ever made and the most powerful GTI ever.
if you can manage to finance, i will advice to keep it as your special car and use the CS45 as daily if you most have a new car.
the cheapest Clubsport S in Germany with over 115,000 kilometer is about 40,000 Euro car will similar mileage to yours are over 50k except if you are getting a really good offer on your car it will be better to keep it as it will hold it value 
« Last Edit: 24 September 2021, 19:25 by bjbanny »
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2021, 19:18 »
My vote would be to keep the CSS all day long.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2021, 22:22 by Paul70 »
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2021, 19:57 »
Thanks for the input
Was always leaning towards keeping the CSS as I know I would regret letting it go
Had a deal done earlier in the year for a Cayman but in the end decided to keep the CSS
Its the longest I’ve ever kept any car - normally I get bored quickly but with the CSS that’s definitely not the case
Yes it’s used nearly every day and I don’t do a lot of miles there is only 15k on it
It’s been properly maintained probably actually over maintained and properly looked after from day one
ACF 50 on the underside from new removed and reapplied twice a year
Has a full detail 4 times a year
Has been ceramic coated from new and that HAS been topped up or reapplied when needed and also has PPF in some of the more vulnerable areas
It’s even had tailored seat covers fitted from the 1st day i collected it
Will be difficult to part with it if that day comes and it will be some thing special that’s needed to replace it

would you share a picture please?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2021, 20:52 »