Author Topic: Data connection/grey globe  (Read 712 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Data connection/grey globe
« on: 22 September 2021, 19:49 »
I appreciate losses of data connection (the grey globe) are fairly frequent, but mine has been disconnected for about a week now…anyone else having this issue? Is there anyway to force a reconnect?

Usually drops out for a few minutes and reconnects.

Not sure what the official name for the connection is to check twitter for any announcement on an outage. I thought it was linked with we connect, but I can still connect via the app…

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
Re: Data connection/grey globe
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2021, 23:45 »
Yes it has happened to me twice already and each one lasted one week with no connection. I was told problems from the srver side by the Weconnect helpline. Had the Ocu update done and seems to make no difference.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2021, 09:35 »
Mine has been out for about 3 weeks, then yesterday the infotainment centre said software update available, accepted that, an now it back on again. For how long i dont know

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2021, 10:38 »
Mine has been out for about 3 weeks, then yesterday the infotainment centre said software update available, accepted that, an now it back on again. For how long i dont know

My personal opinion is that its not worth trying to get this stuff fixed yet because the fix doesn't exist... You will just be wasting your time and building on your frustration.

Wait until you see on here that the big fix release is available.... it is coming.... like the inevitable zombie apocalypse presumably...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2021, 12:43 »
Mine went off for a week reported it to We Connect they asked me to do a load of reset/ reconnection stuff the eventually decided it needed to go to the dealer to have a look at. It was booked into my local dealer for the SOS OCU recall so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. On the day it was going in it went white again and has been since!!!

You couldn't write it
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2021, 12:53 »
Its lack of transparency again from VW.... they have to know what causes these issues, but they aren't going to tell you...

My money is on a crap mobile network provider and useless software...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC