Author Topic: Clubsport order  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
Clubsport order
« on: 06 September 2021, 08:09 »
Hi  all,
I’m considering chopping in my S3 for a clubsport, was looking at the spec below. Any advice on must haves? Trying to keep the cost below £40k mark. Could be convinced to swap the estorils for standard and remove the reverse camera so I can add some other options.

White
19” Estoril wheels
Heads up display
Winter pack
Rear view camera

Any advice would be appreciated!

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2021, 09:53 »
Personally I won’t bother about HUD rather get DCC to unlock the special mode and swap Estoril for Adelaide to keep cost down 
Winter pack is important
Rear camera very good to have 

« Last Edit: 06 September 2021, 09:57 by bjbanny »
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2021, 00:27 »
I went back and forth on option combos to try to keep below 40k and just could decide, I wanted hud, DCC, estorils one week and HK, reverse camera another, so I ended up getting almost everything and not worrying about the 40k

Lead time is the other issue, was a time you could get a car whose only option was colour from stock, not sure now any are left, but that might be the best route then get yourself some new wheels and be done.

Winter pack, and DCC seem to be most common from my reading here
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2021, 08:11 »
I'd definitely change the wheels... And indeed I did. Estorils are nicer than the adelaides but they weren't available in the beginning.

Hud is good if you are driving a lot, pointless on a garage queen.

Winter pack I've never used in six months. Suspect I might never...

Dcc I sway between pointless and sticking it in Paris Dakar mode to deal with the cratered roads!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2021, 08:59 »
Remember that the first year VED which is included in the on the road price does NOT count towards the £40k tax threshold - that could give you another £555 of headroom for options

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287869.msg2640651#msg2640651

Secondly, if you are dead keen to keep out of the extra VED charges for the first 5 years, then remember that the DVLA calculate the car costs as the undiscounted full list price at time of actual delivery and not the list price when you order it

Particularly with long lead times, you might find that if you have specced a car right up to the limit as it is now, then when it comes to get registered in 6-9 months or whatever that a subsequent VW price rise may have pushed your car into the higher bracket inadvertently...and there's nothing that VW/your dealer/you can do about that
« Last Edit: 07 September 2021, 09:04 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special