Author Topic: Map Updates  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Map Updates
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2021, 16:36 »
Just downloaded and it is the same one I have had since last year.

OK there maybe a problem with upgrading to v14.7 from v13.

Just delete a couple of countries you will not be visiting and it will fit. Had this issue before, I deleted Poland, Lithuania and Ukraine so that if it is stolen and exported they will not be able to find their way home. :laugh: :grin:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2021, 16:40 »
Just delete a couple of countries you will not be visiting and it will fit. Had this issue before, I deleted Poland, Lithuania and Ukraine so that if it is stolen and exported they will not be able to find their way home. :laugh: :grin:

Really embracing the German origin of the car I see :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2021, 18:04 »
Can you delete countries from the update folder which you don't want/need??

Thought the update failed if you did this??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2021, 21:21 »
No don't think so you just need to pick the closest bundle number so suit your needs, obviously number one is all Euro countries, I might now go for number six which has the major countries minus Spain, hopefully that will come in under the 16gb of my current VW card.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 30 June 2021, 09:39 »

Really embracing the German origin of the car I see :whistle:

This made me chuckle, thanks Finglonga. Many a true word..........
TCR, Pure White, Black roof, Akra exhaust, black 19" Prets, DCC etc.

Gone - 2019, Mk 7.5 PP, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey, Keyless etc

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2021, 12:00 »
OK there maybe a problem with upgrading to v14.7 from v13.

You need to check your SD card size, the new version is 16.34 GB and the standard VW card that came with my car is only 16GB, v13 just scraps in at 15.49GB.

As has been highlighted before unfortunately I could only get the upgrades to work using the VW card that came with my car rather than a third party card.

What do others think about asking dealers to see if they have any bigger cards that might give out FoC, effectively the maps are only going to get bigger so I really need a 32GB otherwise I'm going to be stuck on v13 unless I go to map option 2 which should be smaller as it has less countries listed.

Maybe they'll have a few spare now the MK8 has done away with the SD cards for satnav.
Bundle 1 for Discover Nav is 14.7gb so will fit on the VW supplied card. If you download maps and they don't fit the card then you've downloaded the wrong ones. Only Nav Pro units can use normal non VW cards.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2021, 13:43 »
When I unzipped the latest Bundle 1 (21/06/2021) the resulting maps folder was showing as 16.34gb, even my older v13 was only just under the 16gb card limit.

Which Bundle 1 should I download that will fit on my VW card?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2021, 15:51 »
When I unzipped the latest Bundle 1 (21/06/2021) the resulting maps folder was showing as 16.34gb, even my older v13 was only just under the 16gb card limit.

Which Bundle 1 should I download that will fit on my VW card?
I've just downloaded Bundle 1 and you are correct, it doesn't fit. I've always downloaded Bundle 1 without any issues so I'm trying a complete format of the card. The card capacity is 15.9gb but the useable space is only 14.9 approx. Will need to download a different bundle with less countries in which I've never had to do. Apologies for doubting you too 👍

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2021, 16:22 »
No problem... always happy if there was trick way of sorting it out.

Shame coz I really don't need the Scandi counties or Iceland but they are all in bundle 1.

Out of interest I might ring my local parts dept to see what they are charging for a bigger card to take v14.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2021, 20:00 »
They won't have bigger cards, discover Nav just uses a 16gb card. I think it's an error on the map download page, I've checked 12 and 13 and they both come in under the 14.8gb. You also cant delete enough countries to get under the limit either (I tried  :grin:). I've just downloaded Bundle 2 which is 6.4gb 👍