Author Topic: Golf GTI PP MK7.5 DSG Revo Stage 1  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI PP MK7.5 DSG Revo Stage 1
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2022, 08:35 »
I recently purchased a GTI Performance too and wondering whether this Revo stage 1 tune is still held in high regard?

As I had my Mk3 Leon remapped with Shark stage 1 at Unit 18 in MK which made it a much nicer drive but gather that Shark are no longer trading, so now considering paying a visit to VAGtech.

BTW: I already fill up with ESSO Supreme 99 so guess that the SPS is unnecessary?

I often find myself in the darker areas of Cornwall where the good stuff is out of reach so the SPS setting for lower octane comes into play. 

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline SteveAWOL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2022, 12:36 »
I had my MK7 PP DSG Revo stage one installed last year. ECU and TCU tune at Midland VW. I also purchased the SPS mainly for
anti theft but you also get the ability to switch maps. Since ownership (6 years now) V power only and if I remember rightly because of the V power its a 90+bhp gain. Not too bothered about a rolling road visit to get the exact increase.
The smile factor is off the scale..  :laugh:

Cheers for reply :cool:

Has the TCU tune proved to be a worthwhile upgrade?

As I see that REVO have software for DQ381 available, so guess I might as well get that done for an additional £199 (as see there’s a £200 discount if it’s tuned along with ECU Stage 1 remap)

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/314/dq381-tcu-software

https://youtu.be/Y7a2mujUh9w

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2022, 18:40 »
I have a TCR with a Revo S1 and SPS and went from 290 to about 365. I felt the difference right away. 

It’s been on a year now and no problems at all. Been in to VW twice for servicing and no come backs.

Took to Santa Pod last year and despite a first timer start off the line I still managed a 13.3 quarter mile with terminal speed of 108 but I lifted off a little before the finish. I think with those numbers it put the 0-62 about a second quicker than stock.

Not so long back an Audi A6 something up my arse that I pulled away from stopped at lights next to me and asked what engine I had, when I said 2L he said “Christ!!!” Asked what BHP and told him his jaw dropped and said well that is one quick car! Lol

Even has R drivers a bit surprised because they think they have more horses but soon see not quite as simple 😁

I have it switched to 99 but still run 95 a lot with no noticeable difference.

2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline SteveAWOL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2022, 21:20 »
I have a TCR with a Revo S1 and SPS and went from 290 to about 365. I felt the difference right away. 

It’s been on a year now and no problems at all. Been in to VW twice for servicing and no come backs.

Took to Santa Pod last year and despite a first timer start off the line I still managed a 13.3 quarter mile with terminal speed of 108 but I lifted off a little before the finish. I think with those numbers it put the 0-62 about a second quicker than stock.

Not so long back an Audi A6 something up my arse that I pulled away from stopped at lights next to me and asked what engine I had, when I said 2L he said “Christ!!!” Asked what BHP and told him his jaw dropped and said well that is one quick car! Lol

Even has R drivers a bit surprised because they think they have more horses but soon see not quite as simple 😁

I have it switched to 99 but still run 95 a lot with no noticeable difference.

Thanks for the reply  :cool:

Had my Stage 1 ECU remap done yesterday and car certainly feels much more responsive.

Had to resist the temptation to keep flooring the accelerator on drive home, as 320 BHP seems to be pushing the limits of grip for my current (Pilot Sport 4) front tyres when road surface isn't pristine; so can only imagine how lively your TCR is with 360 BHP!

The TCU remap file wasn't available, so will be popping back to VAGtech for that at some point to see what difference that makes to my DQ381.