Author Topic: GTD BW confirmed nearly 5 weeks ago what next  (Read 5264 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTD BW confirmed nearly 5 weeks ago what next
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2013, 08:10 »
this is the same story throughout the country. I was told July when I ordered at the beginning of April but it's actually going to be October. it's poor customer service from the top all the way to the dealerships. all VW will say is the salesmen should be managing expectations better. still worth dropping a line to the dealer principal but I'd wait until you have a definite build slot first  :tongue:

Lets just hope the BW I was given is definite bearing in mind i was thefirst toordwr a GTD through birminghAm VW when I ordered, or so I'm told

It makes no difference if you were first mate. All that means is you should get your car first out of all the orders that dealer has taken. It doesn't mean you're getting your car any time soon! There's a good 20 odd orders on here (correct me if I'm wrong Bear?) and most of us are still waiting!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2013, 08:22 »
Lets just hope the BW I was given is definite bearing in mind i was thefirst toordwr a GTD through birminghAm VW when I ordered, or so I'm told

I can only echo what others have said.  I ordered in April, and was told I'd have it by August.  My first build week was 38 which then came forward to 32 and stayed there.  However, it only went confirmed 4 weeks before the 3 week shutdown.  Thankfully it has now been built and is in transit, so I'll have it early to mid September.  All you can do is call and pester people, if only to satisfy our craving to be kept informed - here's hoping your car is built soon!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2013, 09:35 »
It makes no difference if you were first mate. All that means is you should get your car first out of all the orders that dealer has taken. It doesn't mean you're getting your car any time soon! There's a good 20 odd orders on here (correct me if I'm wrong Bear?) and most of us are still waiting!  :laugh:

Even that info can't be banked on. I was first to order at Pulman Sunderland and have seen my dad (3rd to order) get a GTD 2 months before i'm expecting mine and probably 3 months before mcmaddy (2nd to order) will get his. In the meantime 3 demos have turned up between 2 dealerships in the group. There was a bit of an admin cock-up that led to those events, so it may be a one off.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2013, 09:37 »

I can only echo what others have said.  I ordered in April, and was told I'd have it by August.  My first build week was 38 which then came forward to 32 and stayed there.  However, it only went confirmed 4 weeks before the 3 week shutdown.  Thankfully it has now been built and is in transit, so I'll have it early to mid September.  All you can do is call and pester people, if only to satisfy our craving to be kept informed - here's hoping your car is built soon!

It's exactly what I intend to do, bust the guy until he is tired of me and wants me off his back. You feel like a spoilt child but I wouldn't be as concerned if I had a Car but with a 5 month old baby I need a motor and I can't be bothered to throw money at a cheap run a round.

I must say for a company like volkswagen I am disappointed with the service (this is my first new car purchase) hence the expectation.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2013, 09:39 »
Like I said I was the first to order and birmingham has had it's gtd demo eventhough they are not  advertising as such. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely they should fulfil paying customer orders as opposed to demo cars.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2013, 09:52 »
Even that info can't be banked on. I was first to order at Pulman Sunderland and have seen my dad (3rd to order) get a GTD 2 months before i'm expecting mine and probably 3 months before mcmaddy (2nd to order) will get his. In the meantime 3 demos have turned up between 2 dealerships in the group. There was a bit of an admin cock-up that led to those events, so it may be a one off.

Yeah, based on what we have all experienced here there seems to be no logical pattern to anything.  I'm sure that in a year's time after the early adopters have got their orders in, things will settle down and lead times will be back to normal, whatever that means within VW!  :grin:

Like I said I was the first to order and birmingham has had it's gtd demo eventhough they are not  advertising as such. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely they should fulfil paying customer orders as opposed to demo cars.

Again, it's the same for most of us - demo cars arrived before paying customers, but I believe some (all?) are not full UK spec, but don't quote me on that!  It does suck, especially as it's your first new car order which you want to be a pleasant experience to make you want to do it again.  Unfortunately, VW have long lead-times anyway, and it's a triple whammy with it being a GTI and a new model at that.  Still, doesn't mean that VW can't massively improve in terms of managing customers expectations, and that's all I really ask.  When the car arrives is almost irrelevant as long as I know.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 13 August 2013, 09:57 »

Yeah, based on what we have all experienced here there seems to be no logical pattern to anything.  I'm sure that in a year's time after the early adopters have got their orders in, things will settle down and lead times will be back to normal, whatever that means within VW!  :grin:

Again, it's the same for most of us - demo cars arrived before paying customers, but I believe some (all?) are not full UK spec, but don't quote me on that!  It does suck, especially as it's your first new car order which you want to be a pleasant experience to make you want to do it again.  Unfortunately, VW have long lead-times anyway, and it's a triple whammy with it being a GTI and a new model at that.  Still, doesn't mean that VW can't massively improve in terms of managing customers expectations, and that's all I really ask.  When the car arrives is almost irrelevant as long as I know.

My sentiments exactly. Be honest and I'm happy.  :laugh:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2013, 10:02 »
My sentiments exactly. Be honest and I'm happy.  :laugh:

If I behaved like VW have been doing in my job, I wouldn't last 5 minutes - I'd be out on my ear because it's not only about delivering a quality product, it's about effectively managing client expectations.  So, I just expect the same from others in my personal life too!

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 13 August 2013, 13:44 »
Just spoke to a pleasant guy called Tim at VWCS (  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I know). He assurese that bw is set for 34 I.e. wc 19/08 and then weather permitting 4 weeks from
Build to Brum vw. Weather permitting being the important thing.

Sounds good I did tell him in no uncertain terms I would be holding vw if this was not the case and that I would be escalating it further because of the way things had been handled and the manner in which the initial info provided induced me into placing the order. He was adamant that it would go to build next week keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #19 on: 13 August 2013, 13:49 »
Great news Mr P!  Sounds like everybody in the same boat should call VWCS and ask tp speak to Tim  :grin: