Author Topic: GTD BW confirmed nearly 5 weeks ago what next  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
GTD BW confirmed nearly 5 weeks ago what next
« on: 12 August 2013, 21:24 »
Hi guys I ordered my gtd early may, got confirmed BW very soon thereafter, on reading further the car should go to build4 weeks after confirmation of Buildweek. I was initially given BW 33 which is this week but was told at my test drive that BW was now 34 which is next week.

I know the delays that are around, but what is the time frame, if any, for the car to be built after confirmation of BW.

Any ideas. What are you guys experiencing, I'm now impatient I sold my old car a while back thinking i didn't want to rush around at the last minute.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
Re: GTD BW confirmed nearly 5 weeks ago what next
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2013, 21:28 »
At a guess, delivery 4th week September, seems about right.
No point in stressing over something you can't influence right  :whistle:
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2013, 21:40 »
Hi guys I ordered my gtd early may, got confirmed BW very soon thereafter, on reading further the car should go to build4 weeks after confirmation of Buildweek. I was initially given BW 33 which is this week but was told at my test drive that BW was now 34 which is next week.

I know the delays that are around, but what is the time frame, if any, for the car to be built after confirmation of BW.

Any ideas. What are you guys experiencing, I'm now impatient I sold my old car a while back thinking i didn't want to rush around at the last minute.

I very much doubt that the build week you were given soon after your order would be the confirmed one and would most likely be the estimated one the same as everyone else on here mate, hense why it moved a little.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2013, 22:20 »

I very much doubt that the build week you were given soon after your order would be the confirmed one and would most likely be the estimated one the same as everyone else on here mate, hense why it moved a little.

I gathered that I was initially given a BW for some time in July then it was pushed back and stayed at bw 33/34 and I'm told by the dealer (last week) that it goes to buil week beginning 19 aug.  I'm just getting impatient. Do you blame me?!?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2013, 22:42 »

I gathered that I was initially given a BW for some time in July then it was pushed back and stayed at bw 33/34 and I'm told by the dealer (last week) that it goes to buil week beginning 19 aug.  I'm just getting impatient. Do you blame me?!?

Nope! Welcome to the club mate! I gave my order to my dealer on the 28th march which went through when the books opened in april, i'm currently on estimated bw 37, you think your getting impatient?? :'(

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2013, 22:52 »
Poor guy though. If you sold your motor based on info from the dealer how were you to know that info want accurate? I feel for you. I've been waiting 4 months now to get a confirmed bw and have just about had it now. Am very close to taking a deal on a m135i instead if it's still available!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2013, 22:57 »
It does suck, dealers should be held a little bit more accountable for mis information, perhaps then they would make more of an effort rather than just fobbing off their customers with inaccuracies ! >:(

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2013, 01:00 »
See when I paid the deposit he said and I quote we should have it here for end of July-mid aug and u can then take delivery or wait for 1 sept. I ordered and lo and behold confirmed my Buildweek as end of July then as I said above went further back when it was shown as confirmed BW on the tracker. I order on the basis of the info initially provided. When I went for a test drive, he said they can't let me have a courtesy car as they don't have the cars. It's a ball ache cos I'm now careless because of the information I received. They won't knock anything off or provide additional accessories or anything as a good will gesture. I'm not gunna cancel, I called VWCS fat lot of good that did - take it up with the dealership, I'm minded to send an email to te CEO or someone demanding an explanation

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2013, 07:36 »
this is the same story throughout the country. I was told July when I ordered at the beginning of April but it's actually going to be October. it's poor customer service from the top all the way to the dealerships. all VW will say is the salesmen should be managing expectations better. still worth dropping a line to the dealer principal but I'd wait until you have a definite build slot first  :tongue:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2013, 08:03 »
this is the same story throughout the country. I was told July when I ordered at the beginning of April but it's actually going to be October. it's poor customer service from the top all the way to the dealerships. all VW will say is the salesmen should be managing expectations better. still worth dropping a line to the dealer principal but I'd wait until you have a definite build slot first  :tongue:

Lets just hope the BW I was given is definite bearing in mind i was thefirst toordwr a GTD through birminghAm VW when I ordered, or so I'm told