Author Topic: Where GTI £3500 discount?  (Read 14716 times)

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
Re: Where GTI £3500 discount?
« Reply #20 on: 15 August 2013, 13:37 »
I tried two dealers for a discount on a GTD with extras in Ballymena and Lisburn, only a couple of hundred pounds was all i could get even with showing the drive the deal discount of £3,606.45.
Anyone know if the dealers at Mallusk and Boucher at open for discount?

Thanks
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 15 August 2013, 13:45 »
Looks like you'll be buying from a broker if you want that level of discount. I would hazard a guess that yourlocal dealers have sold enough at or near to RRP and don't need your business enough to give you £3600 off.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 15 August 2013, 14:07 »
I'm not expecting that level of discount and made them aware of that but they wouldn't move on it.

Thanks
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 15 August 2013, 15:09 »
I tried two dealers for a discount on a GTD with extras in Ballymena and Lisburn, only a couple of hundred pounds was all i could get even with showing the drive the deal discount of £3,606.45.
Anyone know if the dealers at Mallusk and Boucher at open for discount?

Thanks

Little or no discount across all dealers in NI - that's what made me go to England to save 10%
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 15 August 2013, 16:28 »
Can you point me in the direction?

Thanks

Offline benjyyy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 15 August 2013, 16:41 »
Since drivethedeal dont deliver to NI do you just have to collect it from somewhere on the mainland? How does that work with registration, can you still get an NI reg?

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2013, 16:54 »
You won't need NI reg its part of the uk
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2013, 18:10 »
 :undecided:
Since drivethedeal dont deliver to NI do you just have to collect it from somewhere on the mainland? How does that work with registration, can you still get an NI reg?
Silver - cant PM You due to low post count about dealer.

You can get an NI reg from your local DVLA office for free and pay £20-30 for plates. Car will registered on GB plates initially.

Don't know how drive the deal work now - haven't used them but they used to deliver to a port and you arranged transport over but that info is now off their site. Pro best to call them to see if it's possible. It's the way all the lease cars from UK agents get over so it must be possible.

I dealt direct with a dealer in mainland when I was over and Ill fly over and drive it back
« Last Edit: 15 August 2013, 18:27 by peterdoherty »
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 15 August 2013, 19:21 »
Ok thanks hopefully the post count will go up and i'll be able to receive and send PM
Thanks again

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2013, 12:04 »
I got a similar discount from the same dealer - its amazing what they can do when you walk in with a firm figure
Could you let me know what dealer you went with? My local dealer wont budge at all!
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth