Author Topic: Lane Assist  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Lane Assist
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2013, 17:04 »
I have just found out the same you cannot have lane assist and Bi xenon headlights......

It allowed us to order the car with it and the configuration lets you do it.

Any idea why?  Do the Xenons screw with the cameras?  In the day or only at night?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2013, 17:11 »
Can't be. I've just been on the German VW site and configured the GTD with the "Fahrerassistenz-Paket" - (Driver Assistance package), which is a one off €1,690.00 and gives you:

ACC automatic distance control vehicle with stop function
Bi-xenon headlights for low beam and high beam with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
Theft warning system "plus"
Dynamic main beam control "Dynamic Light Assist"
Light setting automatically, with daytime running lights, "Leaving home" function and manual 'coming home "function
Automatically dimming interior mirror
Dynamic headlamp range adjustment with dynamic curve lighting
rain sensor
Headlight cleaning system
Lane assist "Lane Assist"
Environment monitoring system "Front Assist" with City Emergency Braking
Warning light for washer fluid level
Central locking system with safe securing system with radio remote control and 2 folding keys

As you can see, both items are listed in the one option ? Probably just VW UK screwing us over again with the available options  :angry:

Oh well, if the Lane assist isn't supplied, then that's another £520 off the price of the car then !
« Last Edit: 14 May 2013, 17:14 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Andy_cs

« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2013, 12:33 »
Something very strange here. Just rang my dealer and told him that the price list shows Lane assist is no longer shown for the GTI and GTD models, and he kept me on hold for 5 minutes or so whist he checked the order with VW MK, and when he came back he said, "no problem, VW confirms lane assist is still on your order - no problem" ?

What the.... is going on ?

Just received this from
Volkswagen UK - Hi Andy, The Lane Assist option isn't available on the new GTD MKVII. The function and complex design of the Bi-Xenon headlights mean they are not compatible with each other.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2013, 16:32 »
Honestly can't see how that can be. I work for a German company and speaking earlier today to one of my German colleagues, who has just taken delivery of his new MK7 Golf High line (GT), he has it with the Driver Assistance package, and has the full Xenon headlight package (with LED driving lights and cornering lights) as well as the Lane assist. Also, as mentioned, the German website allows you to specify Lane assist with Xenon's on GTI and GTD's

So how comes VW UK are saying that they are not compatible with each other ?

I also notice that the Lane assist and Xenon headlights are available together in the UK for SE and GT models, so that really shoots their theory down in flames.

Now if they just say, we simply never allowed for them together for GTI / GTD models in the UK because we missed off our pricing matrix, well, I'll still be annoyed but that's believable. However to say you can't have them because they are not compatible with each other when it's obviously they are in other models and other markets is just pain wrong !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2013, 16:40 »
Could it be that the German and UK Bi-Xenons are in some critical way different?

I'm desperately trying to imagine a way in which the headlights could affect a camera recognition system.  The only one I can come up with so far is that the headlights prevent the camera from functioning because of the reflections they cause on the surfaces they light distorts the image the camera sees such that the software cannot do its job.  This would require the headlights or camera (headlights really as it mush be a country regulation thing forcing different types) to be different in Germany and the UK.

If its not that then all I can think of is electrically the car can't handle both at once...???  That's really clutching at straws though, can't believe the camera isn't anything other than a trivial electrical component.

Andy_cs

« Reply #15 on: 16 May 2013, 18:46 »
I'm totally confused by all this, I asked via FB why the option is available in Germany and why OK on GT according to latest pricelist, we'll see what VW UK say. Join the discussion here: http://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenUK/posts/624142777613733?comment_id=7016659&offset=0&total_comments=3&notif_t=feed_comment

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 May 2013, 18:53 »
To be honest, I think VW UK are just telling us any old crap just to get us off their backs.

They forget that most enthusiasts like us tend to know more about their cars than they do, and with the prevalence of the Internet, we can check things out from neighbouring markets very quickly and easily.

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 19 August 2013, 12:23 »
Was there ever a conclusion to this? I'd thought (though wrongly it seems) Lane Assist was standard as it wasn't listed as an option :(
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 19 August 2013, 12:24 »
Was there ever a conclusion to this? I'd thought (though wrongly it seems) Lane Assist was standard as it wasn't listed as an option :(

Turns out its not available on the GTI.  Who knows why.  VW trolling us I guess! :grin: :sad:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 19 August 2013, 13:19 »
Don't order it !!!!!!

I did back in April when I ordered my GTD, as it was fully configurable on the dealers screen. Seven weeks later with no acknowledgement of the order on the VW tracking website, I queried this with VW UK, to eventually be told (after 3 attempts) that the Lane assist package wasn't available in the UK on GTI / GTD''s (god only knows why). In any case I effectively lost 7 weeks of my order due to their incompetence.

As an aside, they still couldn't explain to me why it's configurable on a GT with Xenon's, as well as in Germany, France, Ireland etc. etc, but not on a GTI/GTD in the UK ?

If anyone knows, answers on a postcode please to...

VW UK Customer Services c/o

Nonexistant-Customer-services@we-dont-give-a-crap.com