Author Topic: Chisora Vs Haye  (Read 3690 times)

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
Re: Chisora Vs Haye
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2012, 22:00 »
See , I do like him though mate and wanted him to win so badly against Klitschko , as they must be within a couple of fights from retiring now and Haye has all the tools to be a great heavyweight, but his mouth seems to be a lot better than his boxing at that level.

Look, OK, maybe I am being harsh on calling average, just think he could and should be a lot better than he is..surely you agree him fighting Harrison and now Chisora is just a complete waste of time? Yes it is money in the bank, but there is better fights out there

I agree he did make a fool of himself against wladimir klitschko, he should of kept quiet. Although to be fair, both Klitschko brothers are massively underrated, they are both monsters. He did go 12 rounds with him, which alot of fighters haven't managed. The problem was all the 'promises' Haye made before the fight.
The Harrison fight was a joke, i don't know why that even happened. But look at this way, at least Haye got rid of him hopefully permanently.
I think the Chisora fight is actually exciting, it's a real grudge match.
I think maybe Haye should of retired at cruiserweight, he was the best out there at that weight, he's not quite a heavyweight.
Haye's fights are usually spectacular, excluding the last two fights. He is a very, very good fighter, maybe just not a heavyweight...

I go with you completely on the Klitschko's, they can only beat what is put in front of them and they have dominated for years now. Fair play to both of them as outside the ring, they are both really good people too, who do a lot of charity work as well.

Will be a grudge match this, but can only ever see Haye winning it and winning it when he wants, could do it in one round if he went for it, is why I wish he would go back to cruiserweight, dominate again or just retire. Or , train hard and go again with the other Klitschko, different game plan this time, go toe to toe with him, like Chisora did, both Klitschko's hate boxing on the back foot.

As for up and coming heavyweights, their is a Cuban boxer called Mike Perez, only 26 but looks immense.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 10 May 2012, 22:15 »
I think the chisora v haye fight could go 12 rounds, chisora surprised a lot of people going 12 rounds with Vitali Klitschko comfortably.
I don't think Haye will get another go against either Klitschko, that's more down to politics and money than anything else. Also Haye even after his last performance, is still dangerous.
Heavyweights to watch out for? David Price, he is already smashing people in like Lennox Lewis used to  :smiley:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #22 on: 10 May 2012, 22:30 »
Price is someone to keep an eye on - he's big, mobile and carries a good dig on him. It's no surprise a joke like Tyson Fury gave up his titles to fight a 40-yr old taxi driver rather than face him. His is a career I will be watching with interest.

Haye does have some pedigree. You don't unify titles at a weight without some degree of talent. He went to France to dethrone Mormeck, and didn't have to fight Maccarinelli. At the time it was seen as a dangerous fight as both fighters could bang a bit, and Haye was known to be having difficulty making the weight. He fought the right fight against the man mountain that is Valuev to win a portion of the Heavyweight title, and putting John Ruiz on his backside in the first 25 seconds of a fight is something only the brutal power of David Tua has managed to do. I believe he bit off more than he could chew against Wladimir, who despite some KO losses earlier in his career has been moulded into a masterful boxer by Emanuel Steward, who also trained Lennox Lewis. So many people have said they'll do this, that or the other to Wlad and have come nowhere near to it, usually being worn down and KO'd. I don't see this changing much for now.

Also don't forget that Chisora, for all his stupid behaviour and threats, was very unlucky to be on the receiving end of a ridiculous decision against Robert Helenius, a fighter of similar size to Wlad. This got him his WBC shot, which was then where it all went wrong.

I think they're both doughnuts but that said, I think Haye will make Chisora look stupid if the fight goes ahead and may even succeed were Vitali failed in putting him on the canvas.

I can't see anyone remotely troubling Wlad in the next couple of years, but Vitali has slowed noticeably, and I can't see him fighting more than twice more.

Fighters to watch in the heavyweight division are the up & coming Deontay Wilder from America, Cuban exile Mike Perez, Price, Dennis Boytsov and as outside chances, Alexander Dimitrenko & Alexander Povetkin (neither of whom are setting the world alight much). Then of course there's Tyson Fury and the third (or is it fourth now?) coming of Audley Harrison - it's his destiny! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 10 May 2012, 22:54 »
Audley Harrison? please  :grin:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 11 May 2012, 09:05 »
Havn't these last two pages been about what i have said in the 1st one? :grin:

Will need to check out these up an coming Heavyweights as i prefer lightwelter weight and welterweight.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2012, 13:19 »
Heavyweights just burn themselves out in the first couple of rounds. Unless there is a nice combo leading to a knockout the fight just goes nowhere until a lucky punch gets landed  :rolleyes:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175