Author Topic: fogged up headlights  (Read 3193 times)

Offline coolcraig999

• Just got here
fogged up headlights
« on: 05 December 2013, 18:36 »
hi guys, first post on this forum but have been reading and following for a while, just  received my tornado red gtd today, it is  a lease car, it arrived completely  filthy and needed a wash, so i got down to it and after washing the front end noticed the front lights were very fogged up like there was condensation in them,  should this happen from a wash? also a scratch on the glove compartment and a small chip in the stereo, the lease company is volkswagon lease company..beside that i really love the car especially the colour  should i be on the phone complaining?

thanks in advance

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
Re: fogged up headlights
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2013, 19:40 »
Heya :)  Same situation as me (lease, dirty etc! - mine came 7+ hours down on a trailer :| ), a few other posts here do mention it (But hidden in other posts :P )

Don't worry, it will clear shortly.... Mine took about 2 days to clear and have been fine ever since :) (including after a wash!) :)

I think someone said it was something to do with the type of lights etc, i'm sure they will explain hehe :)
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline coolcraig999

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2013, 20:07 »
i went for the red coming from an audi a3 white sline black edition which has been a really smart motor in a great colour white, but fancied a change and i got to say i am over the moon with tornado red, just seems to be a few teething problems with the lights and a few scuffs, really impressed with the stereo coming from a bose system in the a3 the golf is not far off, really impressed, got the bridgestone pozena tyres and they seem excellent to me no extra noise etc.. had i black cable in the flip up box above the gearstick it seems its for an ipod is this correct? could have done with an iphone 5 lightning charger instead, but hey..

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2013, 20:14 »
Yup on the cable, the cable will have a little colour at the end that plugs in either red or blue. (Red =iphone4, and blue iphone 5, i think!)

The scuffs don't sound good :( - it should have come in near perfect condition.... (With the odd badly cleaned swirl!)... If it has scratches or anything i would report it back.

Welcome to the GTD club sir! :) - i'm loving mine, and would love to hear your opinion, reviews and see pics!! :)

Offline coolcraig999

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2013, 20:17 »
just a black cable with a end that fits an ipod touch, are you saying they should have been another?

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2013, 20:40 »
no colour band round the end of the cable at all? (No it just seem some came with one, and others the other colour :P

Offline coolcraig999

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2013, 16:14 »
lights still have water/moisture inside them, they don't seem to be going  :shocked: