Author Topic: Gtd after 24 hours  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
Gtd after 24 hours
« on: 01 October 2013, 21:07 »
Well we have now had our pure white GTD for 24 hours.
We have driven apx 80 miles in it just to enjoy driving it.

Over these 80 miles of totally mixed roads it has averaged 45.8 mpg.
Our feelings so far :

We love it!!!!!! It looks fabulous, is practical, turns heads especially with the xenons which are so much nicer in real life than in pictures. It is really quick With plenty of torque. It just wants to go at any opportunity. We have been driving with it in mostly Eco mode which still offers bags of power.

The ride is much better than I expected and much better than our previous bmw 1 series which on 18" wheels were bone shakers. The interior is stunning and in my opinion nicer than the Mercedes we traded in and definitely nicer than our 1 series before (we had a hatch and a coupe)

Negatives? Well the electronic handbrake is proving tough to live with eg when we reverse into the drive we back up, then edge back slowly into position. The handbrake with the auto function on doesn't want to let you roll it back and you have to accelerate to get it off but then you're going faster than you want. Also taking away from lights sometimes it hinders you more than helps you.

Also we always seem to drive off with the boot not quite closed properly. We then see a warning on the dash and stop to slam it shut

The on board computer and cruise control etc is quite complex to work. I am ok with it but my wife just doesn't want to know....

Also the wing mirrors are an odd shape to get used to.

Overall we absolutely adore it! The negatives aren't really negatives - we will learn to get used to the handbrake and to make sure we slam the boot closed etc.... We both said tonight that the wait was worth it and the car is the nicest and most special car we have ever had..... And if the wife is pleased, then I am pleased too!!

« Last Edit: 01 October 2013, 21:10 by Nairn1980 »

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
Re: Gtd after 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2013, 21:31 »
Glad you are pleased with the new car, had to laugh about comments with the mrs and the technology in the car. Mine had her first drive in ours tonight, I decided to show her all the buttons she needed to know about, the radio volume/phone and vanity mirror, she loves it  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2013, 21:37 »
Good to hear from another happy gtd owner. Some of the things that you mention do that's getting used to.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2013, 13:05 »
My wife has her own car, she won't touch my GTI when I get it, she thinks it's too powerful for her.  She does not know what she will be missing out on.   :laugh:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2013, 14:03 »
My wife has her own car, she won't touch my GTI when I get it, she thinks it's too powerful for her.  She does not know what she will be missing out on.   :laugh:

Just make sure it stays that way! Don't let her near it!  :wink:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.