Author Topic: Few pics  (Read 9608 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Few pics
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2013, 22:36 »
Hey guys, just something I've just noticed from Jimble's photos above, I thought the mirrors had puddle lights built in, but I can't see them ?

If they are on the other side of the mirror (that we can't see in the photo), and you set the mirrors to fold in and out automatically with the key, doesn't that mean (if they are there somewhere), that rather than illuminate the floor, they will shine backwards down the car - or am I missing something ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

mjh_056

« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2013, 22:54 »
Hey guys, just something I've just noticed from Jimble's photos above, I thought the mirrors had puddle lights built in, but I can't see them ?

If they are on the other side of the mirror (that we can't see in the photo), and you set the mirrors to fold in and out automatically with the key, doesn't that mean (if they are there somewhere), that rather than illuminate the floor, they will shine backwards down the car - or am I missing something ?

Hopefully those who have their GTI/GTD can confirm but my thinking was that as you press the fob to open doors the mirrors activate, lock into place and the puddle lights then illuminate downwards (so light must be hidden on other side)

Not sure how that works for keyless but puddle lights definitely standard fit on all GTI/GTD.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2013, 18:37 »
The puddle lights are definitely there alright. Can't say I've paid much attention to what direction the light shines in them though, I haven't driven mine much in the dark yet.
The mirrors do not unfold on unlocking. They don't unfold until you start the ignition.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

mjh_056

« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2013, 19:28 »
The puddle lights are definitely there alright. Can't say I've paid much attention to what direction the light shines in them though, I haven't driven mine much in the dark yet.
The mirrors do not unfold on unlocking. They don't unfold until you start the ignition.

As long as fold when I am out of car and then look to lock, then I am happy as that is one of my issues with present car in that have to fold the mirrors manually and THEN look to get out of car without them as assistance and that is a little hairy at times ..

One of attractions of the GTD is that is has all the packs, IE: Mirror as standard 

Saw the local GTD demo today (already photographed by someone and on site) in my colour and looks amazing makes my present look bulky and dare say a little dated in comparison.