Author Topic: Golf GTD exhaust  (Read 14451 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: Golf GTD exhaust
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2013, 10:31 »
Why can't people delete the unnecessary posts out of the "quote" to save us having to see it over and over again?

I agree!! LOL

See what I did there?
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 19 September 2013, 11:14 »
I suppose we won't know either way unless you know for sure? When I say technical reasons, I really mean cost reasons. But who knows. B-)

I'm 99.9% sure it is not a technical reason... is that enough for you?

Cost is not a technical reason. From experience there is not much difference in cost between the two exhaust designs, certainly not to the extent where that cost could not be passed on the the consumer and it not affect sales...

With a high level of certainty, I think it is obvious that this is a style decision, more than likely, to provide some visual differentiation between GTI and GTD...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2013, 19:57 »
I always thought the Audi split exhaust was for the Quattro only?
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2013, 23:45 »
I always thought the Audi split exhaust was for the Quattro only?

Not necessarily. The revised 2.0l TT was changed from a twin to a split exhaust regardless of whether it was Quattro or not. The 1.8 remained as a twin

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 25 September 2013, 11:32 »
I have a MK7 GTI now and I actually think I'd prefer if the exhausts weren't split, like they were in the MKV GTI... and in my MK6 GTD. It's a purely aesthetic thing IMO but I think the exhausts paired together looks better.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2013, 13:48 »
I've got to agree with Joe, I've owned two mk6 GTIs and a mk7 on infinite order and I've never really liked the wheelbarrow handle exhausts.
The GTD one looks more subtle. Slashed tailpipes like on the mk5 would look even better.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 17 January 2014, 06:53 »
This reads like it could be an option for people in the UK with the active exhaust with the speaker system installed: -

http://www.remus.eu/news/remus-produktinformation-34-2013/

GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 31 March 2014, 11:54 »
Pretty easy to make the GTD exhaust the same as the GTi I would reckon...

Need one of these - http://ebay.eu/1hTda7T

and a custom set-up for the pipes and tips (My local custom exhaust guy does it for less than £300)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 31 March 2014, 14:48 »
As the diffusers are completely different sizes and shapes between the GTD and GTI (as per your pic), does that also mean that the actual bumper itself is different as well ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 31 March 2014, 16:00 »
No, I believe the bumper is exactly the same - only difference is the shape of the diffuser so I would imagine that swapping them over would be really easy!