Author Topic: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?  (Read 13291 times)

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
Re: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2020, 22:33 »
I’ve had my 20 plate Pure Grey TCR since 3rd October. Lovin it.
2020 Pure Grey Mk7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2020, 20:19 »
Has Exonian sold that M135i yet...?

I believe he’s had a Yaris GR and a 128ti as well... :grin:

:grin: :grin:

Oi ya bunch of bullies!  :grin:

I think we all knew the Yaris GR was going to be something special from the way the rumblings were coming from the right places way before anyone had clapped eyes on one.
Now it’s here it really does sound something special in all the right ways and in ways that we’d forgotten all about with sanitised modem motoring.
Damn do I wish I’d put a holding deposit on one when I first could back in the spring.

Back on thread, hello! Ex-TCR owner here and it’s much missed. In fact I’ve seen a few more about locally recently. I used to see a couple grey ones on and off but have recently seen a nice Reifnitz equipped grey one with Akra driven by a fellow ‘old enough to know better’ gentleman in Exeter and another white one around Teignmouth. Hi guys if you’re lurking on here  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 29 November 2020, 14:21 »
We're not bullies Exonian, we just miss you being part of the Golf fold  :smiley:

Now you've had proper time to acclimatise to your new M135i do you prefer it overall to the TCR?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 November 2020, 14:49 »
We're not bullies Exonian, we just miss you being part of the Golf fold  :smiley:

Now you've had proper time to acclimatise to your new M135i do you prefer it overall to the TCR?

Agreed! No pressure but I think we need a nice detailed write up on that topic.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 29 November 2020, 17:16 »
Owner here, Tornado red. owned since January 20, now on 8K miles.
Absolutely love it, could be a little louder though.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2020, 08:35 »
So eight owners on this thread so far, I can think of one other so possibly only nine in total. That probably answer's the op's question as to why TCRs aren't spoken about much :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2020, 10:44 »
I'll make it nine. 2019, 3 door, Oryx with black + panoramic roof, performance pack with Reifnitz, Dynaudio and Nav Pro, keyless delete, 90% rear tint.

Enjoy driving the TCR even more now than the day I collected it and there's nothing currently on the market I'd change for.
TCR 3 door

Offline bgw

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2020, 17:52 »
Another one here... Had it since September 2019 and loving every minute of driving it!
2019 GTI TCR in Pure Grey
2022 GTI Clubsport 45 in Moonstone Grey

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2020, 20:34 »
Had mine since last June 2019

Minus one now as sold mine today. Love the car but faced with at least four more months of working from home I can’t face seeing it sat there when I open the curtain each morning, knowing that it’s costing a reasonable amount. So have got some money back out and no monthly payments while waiting for some normality to return.

Will miss the heated screen and seats compared to my Corrado though if we get a cold winter!

Keep enjoying yours, they really are a great all round car, the best looking golf providing it has the performance pack  :laugh:

Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2020, 21:05 »
Had mine since last June 2019

Minus one now as sold mine today. Love the car but faced with at least four more months of working from home I can’t face seeing it sat there when I open the curtain each morning, knowing that it’s costing a reasonable amount. So have got some money back out and no monthly payments while waiting for some normality to return.

Will miss the heated screen and seats compared to my Corrado though if we get a cold winter!

Keep enjoying yours, they really are a great all round car, the best looking golf providing it has the performance pack  :laugh:

Possibly a strange question but I saw that Andrew Chapple has one coming in soon. Not yours is it?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.