Author Topic: Oil on Carpet  (Read 1639 times)

Offline s17nj

• Not said much yet
Oil on Carpet
« on: 08 October 2008, 18:01 »
Hi,

I recently had an issue where the power steering fluid came out of the steering shaft and into the car due to a dodgy steering column..... unfortunately i couldnt clean it straight away as it went straight into the garage. My mechanic soaked up as much as he can..... im gonna get new mats because they are ruined, but the carpet underneath is soaked of oil......

Any ideas of the best way to get this out?
Ive tried soapy water and a scrubber but still oily.....

Would appreciate the help!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Oil on Carpet
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2008, 09:46 »
 spray extraction machine, autosmart biobrisk or g101 and use warm to hot water!!! job done
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline s17nj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2008, 10:52 »
Thanks ill try that!

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2008, 12:19 »
Could have been worse mate imagine if you had got it on the carpet indoors.  :shocked:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline s17nj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2008, 10:31 »
Problem is, I lifted the mat out of the car, because it was with my mechanic for a few days, its gone through to the carpet in the car!!!!! Got most of it out with autosmart (thanks Dan), then a dry white cloth and some weight plates for pressure, soaked up the rest.... prob look to sell the car on now...... 

sharpie

« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2008, 12:26 »
buy a new carpet then.