Author Topic: Full detail  (Read 2013 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Full detail
« on: 08 October 2008, 12:46 »
What cost woudl i be lookign at to get the whole car done? just annoying when i wash and polish/wax can see all the swirl marks   :tongue:

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
Re: Full detail
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2008, 14:12 »
Anywhere from £50 to £500+. Depends on who you go with and the quality and quantity of work you're after.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2008, 14:15 »
What cost woudl i be lookign at to get the whole car done? just annoying when i wash and polish/wax can see all the swirl marks   :tongue:

can you not remove the swirls your self??  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2008, 15:41 »

If any one can direct me to a thread or tell me then i will give it a blast  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2008, 15:46 »

If any one can direct me to a thread or tell me then i will give it a blast  :smiley:

ideally you're going to need a machine polisher like the Megs G220 and associated pads and polishers - have a search through here - should be some info kicking around

or if you got an hour and hundreds - www.detailingworld.co.uk  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2008, 17:26 »
depends on lots of factors... how bad is the car you are wanting detailed for a start?

can you post up some good quality pictures of your swirlness and any scratches etc?

do you have a budget?

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2008, 09:54 »
if you've never "detailed" a car before then i would highly recomend getting it done by a pro first as ive seen so many first timers have a go and completly f*ck there paint up and make the car look more f*cked than it was before.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!