Author Topic: mk4 detail  (Read 16694 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: mk4 detail
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2008, 16:21 »
Collinite 915 is the dogs danglies;

IMO collinite in general is the shiz!

i'm on the order tomorrow as ran out of shampoo on sunday, just need to decide what to go for, any ideas?

you asking about shampoo??

i've used Poorboys Super Slick & Suds for the last 15 months or so without complaints; removes dirt and keeps the mitt moving freely over the paintwork.  Megs Gold Class also gets a good write up  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 05 February 2008, 16:44 »
i use megs gold class shampoop but am looking for something else as I get bored easily...

while we're on about collinite their sealant is excellent and I have a sneaky feeling that combined with 915 would be uber  :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #32 on: 05 February 2008, 16:53 »

while we're on about collinite their sealant is excellent and I have a sneaky feeling that combined with 915 would be uber  :cool:

stop suggesting stuff!!  :laugh: :laugh:  damnit!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 05 February 2008, 18:29 »
mmmm... col-in-ite... hhmmmm  :drool:

ha haa!   :grin:

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 05 February 2008, 18:38 »
good job especially for (no offence) a novice! i used my megs g220 this weekend for the first time, really easy to use and so much quicker than by hand! i haven't got anything specific for machine polishing so tried various things just to experiment.
i've seen the results of lime prime on stupidly flat white paint and its shockingly good! just waiting till i use up some of my other products before ordering.
i also use dodo juice purple haze on my black car and its still beading nicely after giving it a good going over in november (but saying that i've probably driven it twice :rolleyes: ) and am tempted with the blue velvet version , which is the hard wax for dark coloured cars and lasts longer.
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 05 February 2008, 18:55 »
some other wax suggestions for darker paints...

swissvax onyx

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/products/wax-products.asp

chemical guys pete's 53
http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/pt53.htm

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 05 February 2008, 19:03 »
good job especially for (no offence) a novice! i used my megs g220 this weekend for the first time, really easy to use and so much quicker than by hand! i haven't got anything specific for machine polishing so tried various things just to experiment.
i've seen the results of lime prime on stupidly flat white paint and its shockingly good! just waiting till i use up some of my other products before ordering.

thanks! absolutely no fences taken chap... that's all i am... a novice at the moment - did this one for practice.. hoping to progress from novice to something a little more than that though - the result really was so much better than the photos suggest

megs 220 does make it so much easier though... if you're thinking of machine polishing think about menzerna final finish polishes (both bottles are identical but one cuts more than the other)... or poorboys ss3... megs #83 is also good.

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 05 February 2008, 20:01 »
^^ yeah it was the menz i was looking at, but i have shelves full of products that i want to use up first! i'm doing all the practicing on the passat so i can do the good stuff on my golf! :P
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 05 February 2008, 22:07 »
that's very restrained!

i'm gathering more and more stuff... never thought it would be this expensive when i started!!

keep telling myself that each time i buy something it'll be the last thing i need... yeh right!  :laugh:

Offline Cornish Pixie

• Not said much yet
  • If I'm not on line I am polishing somebody's ride
« Reply #39 on: 06 February 2008, 13:00 »
that's very restrained!

i'm gathering more and more stuff... never thought it would be this expensive when i started!!

keep telling myself that each time i buy something it'll be the last thing i need... yeh right!  :laugh:

Good work Guy.

Dream on if you think the next thing you buy will be the last! :grin:

All of the Coli waxes are excellent, Dodo Blue Velvet is well rated for dark colours, pretty much any Swissvax wax will give stunning results and as a wild card Duragloss TCP 111 which is a wet look sealant gives a very sharp wet look finish without the need for a coat of wax.

Me I use Swissvax Best of Show, but then I can soak up the cost of the wax in the detailing business :smug:.

There is a new wax coming on the market next month from a firm called Raceglaze which I have been helping them develop which has got a higher carnauba content than Zymol concourse and in tests on our daily driver MK4 1.8T is showing excellent durability (weekly hits with traffic film remover, supa snow foam and a regular wash) and still beading well after four months. Not sure what the price is going to be when it goes on sale but would expect it to be around £60-£70, there will also be a lower carb content version which will be a bit cheaper.

Guy has asked if I would be willing to help him run a group detailing day or something similar and of course the answer is yes, as long as there is a bit of notice.

Mark
www.kcpv.co.uk
www.karlssoncollins.com

Professional Valeting And Detailing