Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83149 times)

Offline Mk1Macca

• I live here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #140 on: 22 March 2014, 09:22 »
Is there any word on if we can buy the exhaust section to fit ourselves?

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #141 on: 23 March 2014, 14:53 »
Is there any word on if we can buy the exhaust section to fit ourselves?

It must be listed on the VW parts catalogue...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline Rick101

• Not said much yet
« Reply #142 on: 29 March 2014, 14:47 »
I have a sound actuator in the garage.

It's called an M3 :evil:

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #143 on: 23 April 2014, 17:23 »
dealership came back to me today and said that this definitely isn't correct. The only thing the sport and sound pack adds is the sound actuator. He also said that he was told a few had been sent out back end of last year mis-configured.

Not sure i believe that tbh. I'm still tempted to order it with the kit, i'd be mighty pissed off if it turned up without now though  :angry:

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #144 on: 23 April 2014, 17:44 »
Well I hope he is wrong, I've seen probably 3 guys on here/another forum with the red callipers delivered this year. If it is just the exhaust it seems very strange how it is is called Sport and Sound Pack.

I'll let you know in 10 days or so!!

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #145 on: 23 April 2014, 18:21 »
i'd be mighty pissed off if it turned up without now though  :angry:

why? If they have told you this...
dealership came back to me today and said that this definitely isn't correct. The only thing the sport and sound pack adds is the sound actuator. He also said that he was told a few had been sent out back end of last year mis-configured.

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline Jembo28

• Not said much yet
« Reply #146 on: 23 April 2014, 18:44 »
Having read this entire thread (sad I know) I'm convinced that without the option you get an actuator inside the car that is only activated in sport mode.

If you do add the Sport and Sound pack as an option you also get red calipers and a different exhaust with an additional speaker built into it.

My question is, has anyone got experience of both of these, i.e. With and without, and can they comment on whether it's worth adding on as an option? I drove one without as a demo for the weekend and found that in Sport mode the sound was great - is it any better as the driver of the car with the option box ticked, or is the benefit only for the people you drive past who experience a better sound from the exhaust!

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #147 on: 23 April 2014, 20:22 »
i'd be mighty pissed off if it turned up without now though  :angry:

why? If they have told you this...

Presuming you're just on the wind up?

I'd be annoyed because there's no consistency, no one at VW can give a straight answer. It seems a few people on here have ordered it and ended up with the extra bits, the dealers telling me that this is due to a mistake (although personally i think he's trying to cover his own arse) so i could end up spending £255 and ending up with a fake noise box. that's a waste of £255 in my opinion.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #148 on: 23 April 2014, 21:57 »
Sadly neither the dealer or VWUK are correct. The 'Sport and Sound' pack includes an integral exhaust speaker and red callipers.

All GTD's already have the internal 'sound aktor' (again denied by VW but for goodness sake everyone can hear it!).

Think about it - if its only the 'sound aktor' (which is in every GTD anyway) - then what are you getting for 255 quid? According to VW - nothing!  This does not make sense and to support it there are quite a few members here who ordered the pack and had the red callipers and exhaust speaker. Everyone else who did not order it (including me) got the internal speaker only.

At the end of the day VWUK and dealers can say what they like - VW Germany build the cars and if that option box is ticked on your order this is what you get...
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 21:59 by Mark V GTD »

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #149 on: 23 April 2014, 22:30 »
Spot on Mark. I also just saw another new car post on the Golfmk7 forum, arrived this week with the exhaust and red callipers.