Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83186 times)

Offline Golfgtd2014

• Just got here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #110 on: 29 January 2014, 22:32 »
Midnight blue does look good with the red callipers. They just look like standard gtd callipers to me. Sound wise, it sounds it's best at low revving as like you said it gets quieter the further up the rev range it goes. I'll have to see what living with it sounds like when we pick it up next week.  I'll post some pics when we get it as the only ones I have are with it covered in white film!

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #111 on: 29 January 2014, 23:45 »
So to clarify,

We think we get 3 items with this option -

-Red Calipers (prob standard spec, with a lick of paint)
-The speaker thingy to make it sound a bit more sporty
and
-The different exhaust system without the rear back box.

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #112 on: 30 January 2014, 08:51 »
Just to confuse....... I thick that card without the pack get a speaker under the windscreen. Of that is what you were referring to, does that come with all GTDs?
Golf GTD Mk VII | DBP | DSG | Discover Nav

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #113 on: 30 January 2014, 10:01 »
The 'Soundaktor' - yes I believe they all still do - but its only active in Sport profile as far as I can determine.

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #114 on: 30 January 2014, 14:10 »
The 'Soundaktor' - yes I believe they all still do - but its only active in Sport profile as far as I can determine.

Yeah - that was my understanding. The Sport and Sound pack includes red calipers and different exhaust in addition to the speaker under the windscreen.
Golf GTD Mk VII | DBP | DSG | Discover Nav

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #115 on: 30 January 2014, 14:18 »

Yeah - that was my understanding. The Sport and Sound pack includes red calipers and different exhaust in addition to the speaker under the windscreen.

..plus a speaker in the exhaust..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 30 January 2014, 16:03 »
I suppose this makes sense as "Sport and Sound Pack" suggest it is more than just one thing.
Otherwise they would just have called it "Sound pack"
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 30 January 2014, 19:43 »
If it was one thing they could only really call it 'sound'! The word 'pack' implies multiple items....

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #118 on: 03 February 2014, 14:18 »
Okay, so the Sport and Sound Pack gets you red brake callipers, internal sound actuator (windscreen) and external sound actuator (straight through exhaust + speaker in exhaust)...

Has anyone taken delivery of a BW45+ car without S&S Pack who can confirm that the internal sounds actuator (windscreen) is still standard spec?

I've ordered my company car without S&S pack because at the time of ordering consensus was that it was just the internal actuator. Probably could add it still, but will stick with standard spec if the internal actuator is conformed as standard spec.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: 03 February 2014, 14:19 by CR4ZYHOR5E »

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 03 February 2014, 14:30 »
Mine was built Wk46 and has the sound actuator...

BUT

They were supposed to have fixed the advanced telephone prep no MDI port issue by BW 45 and I don't have an MDI port...

So, perhaps mine is not the best example...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)