Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83140 times)

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #80 on: 10 January 2014, 15:45 »
More confusion then. Will be interesting to see if yours is a one off or in fact the Sport and Sound Pack (despite what the literature says) is supposed to come with the active exhaust, as yours has. Carlos, can you post some pics if you get the chance?

Enjoy

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 10 January 2014, 17:59 »
You sure your steering wheel is on the right side Carlos?! ;-) Get some pictures up pal.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 10 January 2014, 21:13 »
Not sure why Carlos's dealer would be so surprised considering his must be virtually the first car in the UK with the option on (and there is obvious confusion with regards what the option consisist of).

Offline Carlosmonkey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #83 on: 10 January 2014, 21:48 »
Defiantly right hand drive :smiley:dealer was surprised due to being reminded  that red calipers were no longer an option. all mechanics could not believe sound, so parked it next to demo gtd and that had rear back box on exhaust where as mine goes straight through the same as some videos on YouTube, will post pictures tomorrow but am at work all weekend so can this be done easily from iphone???.Amazing car surprises(distracts) all the time,is it me or do the fog lights switch when going round tight hairpin bends?
driving mark 6 gti
on order,gtd carbon steel grey,dynaudio,park assist,sat nav

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 10 January 2014, 22:20 »
Yeah fogs should turn on when going round bends at slow speeds. Your headlights will also turn with the corner too when in all modes barring Eco.

I'd be very interested to see pics and vids mate if you wouldn't mind when you get a chance!

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 10 January 2014, 22:33 »
Yeah fogs should turn on when going round bends at slow speeds. Your headlights will also turn with the corner too when in all modes barring Eco.

I'd be very interested to see pics and vids mate if you wouldn't mind when you get a chance!

Not sure it's the fogs Kyle, there are separate bulbs in the headlights I think. These also my be the ones that show as a little rectangle dot when the lights are on?
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 10 January 2014, 22:51 »

Not sure it's the fogs Kyle, there are separate bulbs in the headlights I think. These also my be the ones that show as a little rectangle dot when the lights are on?

I'm sure my fogs come on when I'm turning into my drive on a night time (obviously at a low speed). Anyone else get their fogs coming on? I say fogs because it's so low down.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 10 January 2014, 23:47 »
I get the light coming on when turning at low speeds but it's not the fog light.  Afaik It's the sidelight inside the headlights.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 11 January 2014, 00:14 »
There is indeed a dedicated turning light inside the headlight unit on the GTD and GTI (its a conventional filament bulb). The Mk.6 and Scirocco also had the facilty to switch on active cornering fog lights via VCDS which might be available on the Mk.7 too....

Offline Carlosmonkey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #89 on: 11 January 2014, 22:07 »
Managed to get a few photos today does sound awesome

driving mark 6 gti
on order,gtd carbon steel grey,dynaudio,park assist,sat nav