Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83197 times)

Offline CookieGTD

• Just got here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #70 on: 28 December 2013, 17:02 »
I have tried to get some sense out of my dealer who I ordered my GTD through in relation to this. They are saying that the the sound actuator was a standard fit item on the MK6 but not the MK7. I have raised that the vehicle I test drove definitely had the actuator fitted and at the time was not on the options list at all, therefore it must have been a standard fit item on the initial batches of the MK7 GTD and VW have decided that can now make money on something else. I got a reply about driver profiles being standard but not the sport pack. I have rephrased my question and I am awaiting a reply.

Hope everyone had a good christmas!

Offline Dave the Cat

• Not said much yet
  • CSG Golf GTD
« Reply #71 on: 28 December 2013, 20:29 »
Yes I'm not getting any sense from VW salespeople on this either, have asked the crew on the BW51 thread to advise, once they take delivery if they have the bulkhead internal sound actuator on the GTD's - which was supposedly/potentially/changed/stopped/never existed and became new option from BW45.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 30 December 2013, 00:55 »
Fair play for raising it - but the chances of getting a straight answer are pretty slim. They don't know the answer - its all lost in translation between here and Germany and at the end of the day the small print says changes to specification can be made without notice etc... it will not be the first time they have made something a cost option that was previously standard.

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #73 on: 09 January 2014, 07:30 »
Has anyone had the "sport and sound" option delivered yet in the UK?  Intrigued to know what VW actually end up shipping for this.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Golfgtd2014

• Just got here
« Reply #74 on: 09 January 2014, 17:00 »
Just to add some more confusion but the most definitive answer to date from VW to me is the below which I received today from the dealer.

With regards to the "Sport and sound pack" VW can only tell me what it says in the brochure.  It's an active exhaust valve that can be switched between sporty and eco driving styles quieting the exhaust note.  You probably won't notice it when the vehicle is at idle but should give it a deeper, raspier exhaust note when in sport mode with noticeable induction noise against a quieter exhaust note when in the Eco/Comfort mode.

Now my car has been pushed back to BW 3 which is frustrating so won't be able to confirm exactly until Feb but based on the above, I would expect the exhaust and internal actuator.

Offline Carlosmonkey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 09 January 2014, 19:20 »
Just been to look at mine at dealers with sport and sound pack and it's got red calipers :laugh:, not managed to hear exhaust sound yet but salesman says it sounds different to standard ones , will let you know more when I pick it up tomorrow
driving mark 6 gti
on order,gtd carbon steel grey,dynaudio,park assist,sat nav

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #76 on: 09 January 2014, 19:26 »
Just to add some more confusion but the most definitive answer to date from VW to me is the below which I received today from the dealer.

With regards to the "Sport and sound pack" VW can only tell me what it says in the brochure.  It's an active exhaust valve that can be switched between sporty and eco driving styles quieting the exhaust note.  You probably won't notice it when the vehicle is at idle but should give it a deeper, raspier exhaust note when in sport mode with noticeable induction noise against a quieter exhaust note when in the Eco/Comfort mode.

Now my car has been pushed back to BW 3 which is frustrating so won't be able to confirm exactly until Feb but based on the above, I would expect the exhaust and internal actuator.

But the brochure (or at least the description on the online configurator that I am looking at) is crystal clear...it says in plain english that the sound is internal only. The brochure describes the internal sound actuator that appears to have been delivered as standard on GTDs prior to it being offered only as an option.

Sport & sound pack

This sound generator enhances the aural sensation for the driver and other passengers. In 'Sport' mode (using the Driver Profile Selector) there is an additional acoustic emphasis to the sound of the engine inside the car, with no additional noise externally.

The only way we will know is when someone who has ordered it picks up their car.

Offline Golfgtd2014

• Just got here
« Reply #77 on: 09 January 2014, 20:28 »
I agree crazyhorse. Not sure what brochure they refer to but it seems there's a description issue on the marketing material available from VW uk. From what carlosmonkey is saying, this seems correct though.  Don't see where the red callipers come from! That must be an added bonus but does at least bring it inline the same pack available in Europe if that's the case.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 09 January 2014, 21:13 »
This would not be the first time VWUK have removed an item from standard spec and placed it on the options list (Mk.V SE if anyone remembers)...

Offline Carlosmonkey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #79 on: 10 January 2014, 15:06 »
Just picked mine gtd up with spirt and sound pack and must have been a cock up somewhere cos iv got the European spec with red brake calipers and the straight through exhaust with external sound :laugh: :laugh: :shocked:dealer can't understand what's happened
driving mark 6 gti
on order,gtd carbon steel grey,dynaudio,park assist,sat nav