Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83149 times)

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #60 on: 10 December 2013, 21:42 »
Robbo, you must be local to me.   You didn't buy an ex demo from Robinsons by chance?
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline Golfgtd2014

• Just got here
« Reply #61 on: 10 December 2013, 22:38 »
Quote from: Golfgtd2014 link=topic=259570.msg2412673#msg2412673 date=138669621
[/quote
Have you got/seen a UK car that has a speaker(s) in the exhaust system? From info to date the non-UK Sport and Sound pack has that feature but is not the same as the UK option of the same name.

I have not seen one with the option on. I changed my order 2 weeks ago to include it after clarifying with my dealer. I'll only know for sure when the car comes in Jan. But from the car I test drove when I originally ordered, the only extra noise in the car I got on sport mode was a deeper induction noise. The sport and sound pack is an exhaust sound actuator so is I'm told, different to original spec.  Whether that's externally as well then will be determined when I get it I guess but from what I have read and been told, it should be a different set up to the existing one people are comparing to.

Offline Robbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #62 on: 11 December 2013, 14:01 »
Robbo, you must be local to me.   You didn't buy an ex demo from Robinsons by chance?

Yep, very local!  No, didn't buy an ex-demo from Robinsons, although will most likely be using them for servicing.  Fortunate to have a company car and lease company used Citygate VW down in High Wycombe (close to my work office).

Golf GTD Manual 5 Door, Carbon Grey.

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #63 on: 11 December 2013, 18:37 »

Yep, very local!  No, didn't buy an ex-demo from Robinsons, although will most likely be using them for servicing.  Fortunate to have a company car and lease company used Citygate VW down in High Wycombe (close to my work office).

good job, i rinsed their carbon grey demo to death haha.
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline PGTD

• Not said much yet
  • Replaced mk6 GTD with mk6 GTI in 2014
« Reply #64 on: 14 December 2013, 11:36 »
Quote from: Golfgtd2014 link=topic=259570.msg2412673#msg2412673 date=138669621
[/quote
Have you got/seen a UK car that has a speaker(s) in the exhaust system? From info to date the non-UK Sport and Sound pack has that feature but is not the same as the UK option of the same name.

I have not seen one with the option on. I changed my order 2 weeks ago to include it after clarifying with my dealer. I'll only know for sure when the car comes in Jan. But from the car I test drove when I originally ordered, the only extra noise in the car I got on sport mode was a deeper induction noise. The sport and sound pack is an exhaust sound actuator so is I'm told, different to original spec.  Whether that's externally as well then will be determined when I get it I guess but from what I have read and been told, it should be a different set up to the existing one people are comparing to.
CSG 5 dr mk6 GTI with leather

Offline PGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #65 on: 14 December 2013, 11:46 »

I've been following this subject for 6 m since I spotted German mk7 GTDs offered the Sport & Sound option which included the external sound from different exhaust system plus red callipers (pretty sure standard German car had unpainted ones??).
We know mk6 GTDs and first 6 m of mk7 GTDs had the bulkhead actuator as standard. It's a fair bet this will continue so the option is actually added just for the external sound actuator.
Wonder if the callipers will be red? Price list/options on VW UK doesn't mention this but if the Germans get them, will UK cars?
Who here has ordered the Sport & Sound option and what is their ETA? That's when we will find out for sure.
Finally, many - but not all - VW dealers' apparent ignorance about the (expensive) product they sell is disappointing judging by the confusion that has surrounded this and some other options.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2013, 18:22 by PGTD »

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #66 on: 14 December 2013, 15:06 »
I hope you're right and I am wrong, but my guess is that VW have simply started charging for something (internal sound actuator) that was previously standard. Shame they call it the same thing (Sport and Sound Pack) as a Euro Spec option that contains additional things (external sound actuator, red callipers etc…)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 27 December 2013, 18:14 »
I've found a video on YouTube that might give us some more insight. Wondering if the sport and sound pack puts an acuator in the exhaust as opposed to just on bottom of the windscreen.

Certainly sounds like a different tone coming from the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6bl-oRfY8w

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 27 December 2013, 19:27 »
The UK brochure description of this option only describes an 'internal sound'....

Offline PGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #69 on: 28 December 2013, 08:14 »
Yes the on line configurator now carries more info on this option....seems to confirm internal sound only so VW now removing previously standard actuator and charging for it. Not sure there will be much take up for this option and I can't think of any other manufacturer who would do such a bizarre thing especially so early in production life of a model.
I did not buy my mk6 GTD new and only joined this forum quite recently so wonder if there was as much confusion surrounded the specs and options for the mk6 GTD/GTI in early days or is VW particularly bad for this now?