Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 83156 times)

Offline derfster

• Just got here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #50 on: 10 December 2013, 09:56 »
My GTD  finally got delivered yesterday, via a lease co so have no idea what build week, but. presumably sometime around wk 45 going on what seems to be being delivered this week. Have got sound actuator, mirror fold on lock/unlock, blue iphone connector , new lightning connector, and white label under filler cap flap.
All as standard so looks like a mix of pre and post wk 45 changes.
Well impressed so far, a very capable car, well worth the wait.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 10 December 2013, 10:40 »
Don’t baby it when running in and don’t use Shell V-power to fuel it and you’ll be fine. My car’s performance has really come on in the last 600 miles after treating it a bit meaner, pity the mpg is still so-so for me.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MaccaGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 10 December 2013, 12:27 »
Don’t baby it when running in and don’t use Shell V-power to fuel it and you’ll be fine. My car’s performance has really come on in the last 600 miles after treating it a bit meaner, pity the mpg is still so-so for me.

What issues did you have with Shell V-power, i did put a tank of BP Ultimate through last week from empty as usually just use a supermarket for reward points. With the BP ultimate i noticed a marked improvement in performance, quite considerable. MPG was poor though as wanted more of that extra performance. Back to usual this week and feels a bit sluggish.

Quite cool feature ive found on the sound actuator is that you can get it to work in Drive mode in the DSG. Basically select Sport profile and then use the pull back on the DSG to change from D to S without losing the actuator, always grunting well almost :smiley:.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 10 December 2013, 13:20 »

What issues did you have with Shell V-power, i did put a tank of BP Ultimate through last week from empty as usually just use a supermarket for reward points. With the BP ultimate i noticed a marked improvement in performance, quite considerable. MPG was poor though as wanted more of that extra performance. Back to usual this week and feels a bit sluggish.

Quite cool feature ive found on the sound actuator is that you can get it to work in Drive mode in the DSG. Basically select Sport profile and then use the pull back on the DSG to change from D to S without losing the actuator, always grunting well almost :smiley:.

With V-power, performance was slightly less than average, mpg was abysmal – it has significantly less chemical energy stored in it for combustion than regular diesel (smaller average carbon chain length)  – cleaner fuel, but less potent (unlike V-power petrol). Have been getting better results with Esso and Sainsburys Diesel.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Golfgtd2014

• Just got here
« Reply #54 on: 10 December 2013, 17:23 »
Hi!

Just to let you know the sound and sport pack gives you a sound actuator on the exhaust outside the car and comes on when you select sport mode.  There should be no change to the one in the car I guess?!  There are some clips of it on you tube as used to be only available in Europe originally but now uk also.

Annoyingly the online VW Configurator does not tell you exactly what it is from the description hence the confusion. You have to download the new gti/gtd/r brochure for the proper description.

There's some YouTube clips of the sound I believe. Different!

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #55 on: 10 December 2013, 19:08 »
Hi!

Just to let you know the sound and sport pack gives you a sound actuator on the exhaust outside the car and comes on when you select sport mode.  There should be no change to the one in the car I guess?!  There are some clips of it on you tube as used to be only available in Europe originally but now uk also.

Annoyingly the online VW Configurator does not tell you exactly what it is from the description hence the confusion. You have to download the new gti/gtd/r brochure for the proper description.

There's some YouTube clips of the sound I believe. Different!
Have you got/seen a UK car that has a speaker(s) in the exhaust system? From info to date the non-UK Sport and Sound pack has that feature but is not the same as the UK option of the same name.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 10 December 2013, 19:37 »
Annoyingly the online VW Configurator does not tell you exactly what it is from the description hence the confusion.
Thanks for that - I will look at the new brochure - when the option was first announced it only made reference to sounds inside the cabin (which was what the device already fitted to pre BW45 cars did anyway!).

Offline legin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 10 December 2013, 19:40 »

With V-power, performance was slightly less than average, mpg was abysmal – it has significantly less chemical energy stored in it for combustion than regular diesel (smaller average carbon chain length)  – cleaner fuel, but less potent (unlike V-power petrol). Have been getting better results with Esso and Sainsburys Diesel.

You will find that the V power diesel has a higher density and gtl content so it has more energy. I don't know how you got the poor result you did. I would recommend others try it and see. I use it in my audi and its more grunt and mpg.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 10 December 2013, 19:55 »
This is the Sound Aktor thread!!   :whistle:

Offline Robbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 10 December 2013, 20:18 »
Well now that my BW 45 has arrived (mirrors now fold/unfold on locking/unlocking), it appears that I have the Sound Actuator fitted.

With the mode in 'Normal', engine just sounds like you'd expect, but in 'Sport' the engine noise is much deeper, louder witha bit more of a growl.  Definitely a different sound between the 2 modes, managed to find a back road where I was able to try the modes back to back and accelerate (mainly in 2nd).  Tried it lots just to make sure of the difference too :wink:
can you scan your car with vcds to find out how to unfold the mirrors on unlock?

Unfortunately I don't have a cable. If there is anyone in and around the Peterborough area that would be willing to have a look?
Golf GTD Manual 5 Door, Carbon Grey.