Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437093 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t [projectninetynine]
« Reply #2120 on: 10 February 2011, 22:14 »
New sig looks fresssssh :kiss:

Cheers mate!

Going to look at getting/ordering glue tomorrow for the abc pillars and other trim. Got new visors and grab handles to spray too. Hopefully crack on with that next week.

I'm going to just paint the headliner, most likely black. Take it out and roller it.

:)

Sweet man, my mate used Copydex and it was spot on :afro: i painted my sun visors in the 'state black, just don't dry them with your lasses hair dryer and make the glue underneath bubble :rolleyes: :D i'm going to try and strip my interior out this weekend can't stand the cream!

Dan

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #2121 on: 11 February 2011, 00:17 »
It all comes out the same hole :rolleyes:

I use the cheapest I can find, never had a problem and never noticed a difference in mpg or performance in either this car or my Golf previously.

(my old 16v ran 163.6bhp on tesco 95, should have tried with 99 tesco and shell :rolleyes:)

That's very optimistic for a standard-ish car, what mods did it have?  :huh:

Just a full exhaust, got the same reading from 2 different rolling roads.

« Last Edit: 11 February 2011, 00:21 by Dec »

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2122 on: 11 February 2011, 08:00 »
New sig looks fresssssh :kiss:

Cheers mate!

Going to look at getting/ordering glue tomorrow for the abc pillars and other trim. Got new visors and grab handles to spray too. Hopefully crack on with that next week.

I'm going to just paint the headliner, most likely black. Take it out and roller it.

:)

Sweet man, my mate used Copydex and it was spot on :afro: i painted my sun visors in the 'state black, just don't dry them with your lasses hair dryer and make the glue underneath bubble :rolleyes: :D i'm going to try and strip my interior out this weekend can't stand the cream!

Dan

Cool, I'll be popping to Cromwell to see what they got to offer. Get good discount and I end up talking about cars, so all good.

Got some new rears seats too, out of a TDI GL model, so rear headrest's! Just need some front seats, then get the lot re-trimmed by Stu's mum! Just need to source some material I like for the seats. Black + ??????

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #2123 on: 11 February 2011, 08:49 »
im gonna take a trip to dunelm mill for cheap fabric for the interior in mine, "borrowed" some black leather from work that i found and did the a pillars, looks smart!!
not sure where else to look for fabric thats relatively cheap!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2124 on: 11 February 2011, 08:52 »
im gonna take a trip to dunelm mill for cheap fabric for the interior in mine, "borrowed" some black leather from work that i found and did the a pillars, looks smart!!
not sure where else to look for fabric thats relatively cheap!

Yer, with the headliner you need really light, thin material for it to stay up over time and I just want it black (or maybe pink :lipsrsealed: ) so I'm just going to roller it.

Pillars and maybe a few other bits will be re-trimmed and maybe the parcel shelf if I have enough (I got a spare one out the TDI).

Offline robz

• I live here
« Reply #2125 on: 11 February 2011, 08:54 »
good point!
well i fance a funky head liner, i liked chuffs camo one, but that wouldnt suit!!
thinking some form of black and white pattern!!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2126 on: 11 February 2011, 09:01 »
good point!
well i fance a funky head liner, i liked chuffs camo one, but that wouldnt suit!!
thinking some form of black and white pattern!!

I think mine camo material is very similar to chuff's, remember seeing and thinking he was a copycat, then I realised he wouldn't have seen my material that's sat in the bottom of my cupboard would he? :D

Offline robz

• I live here
« Reply #2127 on: 11 February 2011, 09:05 »
:D
funny how ya get like that when your spending so much time working on the car aint it :D
apparently there is a dusty mauve mk3 going round my way and im already defensive :D

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #2128 on: 11 February 2011, 09:06 »
If u need a second bod to hold stuff or make tea or whatever, give me a shout as I was looking to do mine and it would be good to see what u do with regard to the type of material. Really don't have a clue with that sort of thing!
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2129 on: 11 February 2011, 09:25 »
If u need a second bod to hold stuff or make tea or whatever, give me a shout as I was looking to do mine and it would be good to see what u do with regard to the type of material. Really don't have a clue with that sort of thing!

No worries, me and Stu are always working on cars and chillin out, more peeps are always welcome!

Should have our shack soon, so will be down there working on his car and the VR.