Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2792715 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12760 on: 05 February 2023, 16:41 »
Finally a reasonable weather day today so have it a decent clean and wax. Sadly after over 4 years of parking incredibly carefully I noticed a tiny scrape on the near side front alloy with a tiny bit of white worm. Right on the edge of the rim so sanded it back and put a couple of coats of lacquer on it, looks ok but guess I’m just delaying the inevitable☹️

At 4 years and that's your first bit of white worm, I'd chalk that down as a win mate!

Suppose so, still a bit disappointing though. Will get it skimmed if it gets worse.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12761 on: 05 February 2023, 16:53 »
I won't show the exterior clean of mine out of respect to @Watts but I gave the saggy leather & interior of mine a clean today, as the smudge-ridden radio was doing my head in.

I saw you other post which whilst your car looks fantastic, also left me hanging my head in shame. Your leather looks pretty good so far.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12762 on: 05 February 2023, 17:14 »
I won't show the exterior clean of mine out of respect to @Watts but I gave the saggy leather & interior of mine a clean today, as the smudge-ridden radio was doing my head in.

I saw you other post which whilst your car looks fantastic, also left me hanging my head in shame. Your leather looks pretty good so far.

Mine's doing a 77 mile round trip commute at the minute as we're doing upgrades to a reservoir so it's easier to stay on top of it. It's just the standard seat bases are away, considering getting them filled rather than getting new bases as it's only about £120 but not sure if that will invite other issues.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline breezasib

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12763 on: 09 February 2023, 13:42 »
Ordered one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003021631337.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.2.5be6f19ccox7cj
Remembers the last state of the auto start/stop button rather than always defaulting to on.

This arrived yesterday. Fitting took 10mins and works exactly as described. £6 well spent.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12764 on: 10 February 2023, 17:52 »
Just had to sort my headlamp washer that had stuck shut. Was washing the inside of the front bumper! Credit card levered it out at no cost. Makes a change. :smiley:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Rich62

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12765 on: 13 February 2023, 11:12 »
Finally got round to taking some pics of the car after a wash inside and out. Also fitted some new mountune paddles, I quite like them.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12766 on: 13 February 2023, 11:17 »
Finally got round to taking some pics of the car after a wash inside and out. Also fitted some new mountune paddles, I quite like them.

Looks great Rich! I always liked the blue in them, a very understated colour then pops massively in the sun!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Rich62

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12767 on: 13 February 2023, 13:06 »
Certainly does... when the sun comes out! I've always liked the way the blue's contrast the red details on cars.
Just checked out your build willni.... wow, very nice! I shall be taking some notes and spending far too much money on non essential items now, Thanks!!  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #12768 on: 13 February 2023, 14:43 »
Oh that's lovely  :cool:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12769 on: 13 February 2023, 18:01 »
Love the colour Rich62  :cool: