Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2796201 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6740 on: 07 June 2017, 20:52 »
Got the car back after
Changing the discover nav, seems to have sorted the problems
Drivers door speaker, sorted
Fixing rattles, still have one left
Sorting out the breaking problem, they said there was an update for the brakes :shocked:
The fuel filler that gets stuck, they cut a bit off the catch
Knocking rear suspension, turns out it was the exhaust
Auto hold not always working, it was sorted with the brake update
Keys not always recognised, recoded, seems okay
Problems with mirrors folding, dipping and indicator bulb, seems all sorted
Broken drivers seat, they got the wrong part :rolleyes:

Told them and had them write on the worksheet to not clean the car, also had my do not clean hanger on the mirror that I told them to not remove. Got there to collect the car and seen them from reception driving the car out of the workshop, waited 5 minutes and when outside to see that they hadn't washed the car but it was wet(the do not wash hanger was still there) after going slightly mad they told me it was to get tree sap from the windscreen. Not being stupid I knew that was bull so waited for the car to dry off a bit and what do you know they wet the car to hide a scratch on the car about 9" long.

fatherless sons  :angry: they have said they will sort it when it is back in for the seat.

Jeez it's like handing your car over to the Marx Brothers.  Cars get more and more expensive, build quality gets poorer and poorer and dealer workmanship and customer service goes subterranean.  Feel for you.   You'd think they'd be bending over backwards with all the issues the car has had, but you get a big scratch instead. Make them suffer for their incompetence.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6741 on: 07 June 2017, 20:58 »
It makes my issue seem very trivial in comparison.
I think I'll stop moaning after hearing this utter shambles :shocked:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #6742 on: 07 June 2017, 22:28 »
Fitted new wheels this morning.
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6743 on: 07 June 2017, 22:35 »

Difficult to see them, what are they? The contrast looks good though :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #6744 on: 07 June 2017, 22:38 »

Yea I know what you mean, black wheels the design gets lost somewhat :undecided:
Anyway they are Team Dynamic 1.3s /19s.

If I'm being 100% honest I'm not feeling them, when I fitted my 18 1.2s I was well chuffed, but I feel a bit meh with these :laugh:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6745 on: 08 June 2017, 08:58 »
Just looked at them online, they look okay but a bit samey, I thought you had Prets on this R? They would look good in black with the Limestone.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #6746 on: 08 June 2017, 09:09 »
I'm not usually a fan of black wheels buyt have to say that really does look the business.

[quote author :cool:=Cossieian link=topic=259354.msg2567822#msg2567822 date=1496871510]

Yea I know what you mean, black wheels the design gets lost somewhat :undecided:
Anyway they are Team Dynamic 1.3s /19s.

If I'm being 100% honest I'm not feeling them, when I fitted my 18 1.2s I was well chuffed, but I feel a bit meh with these :laugh:
[/quote]
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6747 on: 08 June 2017, 09:59 »
Thought they'd agreed to replace it with a new car?

I still have the choice of a new car and they have agreed that if I'm still not happy in a few months time that they will hold the offer open, my solicitor has it in writing.

If the Mk7.5 GTD had the sound and sport pack I would have ordered a new car by now but I'm hoping they will add it later. Another thing is I really like my car and would be more than happy with it if the problems were sorted out. The colour is perfect and the only other thing I prefer on the facelift is the headlights.

Got the car back after
Changing the discover nav, seems to have sorted the problems
Drivers door speaker, sorted
Fixing rattles, still have one left
Sorting out the breaking problem, they said there was an update for the brakes :shocked:
The fuel filler that gets stuck, they cut a bit off the catch
Knocking rear suspension, turns out it was the exhaust
Auto hold not always working, it was sorted with the brake update
Keys not always recognised, recoded, seems okay
Problems with mirrors folding, dipping and indicator bulb, seems all sorted
Broken drivers seat, they got the wrong part :rolleyes:

Told them and had them write on the worksheet to not clean the car, also had my do not clean hanger on the mirror that I told them to not remove. Got there to collect the car and seen them from reception driving the car out of the workshop, waited 5 minutes and when outside to see that they hadn't washed the car but it was wet(the do not wash hanger was still there) after going slightly mad they told me it was to get tree sap from the windscreen. Not being stupid I knew that was bull so waited for the car to dry off a bit and what do you know they wet the car to hide a scratch on the car about 9" long.

fatherless sons  :angry: they have said they will sort it when it is back in for the seat.

Jeez it's like handing your car over to the Marx Brothers.  Cars get more and more expensive, build quality gets poorer and poorer and dealer workmanship and customer service goes subterranean.  Feel for you.   You'd think they'd be bending over backwards with all the issues the car has had, but you get a big scratch instead. Make them suffer for their incompetence.

To be fair VW are being okay about it.
I wanted a GTi - so sorry to hear that tale of woe, you must be absolutely fuming :angry: Total respect though for the way you are handling it. Hope they do sort it all finally, sounds like you are nearly there. As for rattles, I'm of the opinon now that they are impossible to eradicate completely, they just aren't built as well as they should be.

I've learned by now that getting too worked up about it only winds me and people around me up and no car is worth that.

Maybe you should have gone with your heart.

After nearly four years and 50K My GTI is still sublime.

Then again maybe I'm not that fussy. Or maybe VW have given up on diseasals....

I've got a clubsport coming next year from a family member when she gets her new car.

Hope this multi quote works :embarrassed:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6748 on: 08 June 2017, 10:20 »
Personally I'd have avoided all this grief and hassle (it was totally inevitable tbh) and just have accepted the offer of the new car straight away. Life's too short.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6749 on: 08 June 2017, 11:53 »
Personally I'd have avoided all this grief and hassle (it was totally inevitable tbh) and just have accepted the offer of the new car straight away. Life's too short.

I still would have to go through all this because I'd be keeping this car until the new one was built.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17