Author Topic: Stops working  (Read 1193 times)

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
Stops working
« on: 21 November 2006, 18:23 »
I bet everyone hates this topic but i need to get it fixed What would cause my speakers in a mk3 golf gti 16v 2.0l to stop working there is no lose connections ? Also it wont keep its memory every time i take the keys out it resets any ideas cheers

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Stops working
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2006, 20:41 »
I'd say you have some bad wiring problems! maybe a poor earth.
Along with your other problems elsewhere I would recommend a trip to an Auto Electricians mate!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2006, 20:48 »
well i hope it wouldnt come to that but i guess if thats the only way thanks anyway

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2006, 18:51 »
is it an after market HU?

Offline woodymk1

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2006, 22:05 »
yaight mate, well basically if your headunit isnt keeping its memory its that you have got the wires mixed up behind the headunit. its the continous live and the egnition live wire that are the wrong way around. these are a red wire and a yellow wire. if you swop them aroun d you shouldnt loose the memory. also when the headunit is out take a voltmetre to the speaker wires, to see if there is a voltage being sent to the speakers. trust me i ust to be a trained audio fitter. if you need a had give us a shout.

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2006, 22:15 »
but with golfs, audis,bm's and jags (i think) need them joined together instead.