Author Topic: R's first detail  (Read 27515 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: R's first detail
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2015, 23:57 »
A fantastic write up Ms B
even though I slept through most of it  :whistle:

And the photos - just "wow"

Which was the biggest labour of love, the cleaning itself or the photos and write up?
Top work all round as always
 :cool:

WAKE UP Herr Ex!!  :grin:  Cheers muchly.  :smiley:

Writing and photos - easy, if time consuming.

Car cleaning - exhausting!!  I'm not getting any younger! 

The whole effort is made worse by the fact I live next door to synthetic sports pitch which is used throughout the winter for matches.  During the course of a match, the pitch is watered several times with high pressure jets, which drifts over the hedge and sprays filthy gritty water all over my car, usually when I've just dried off the last drop after cleaning. So in the course of today's long session, every time I heard the jets start, I had to jump in the car and reverse it up the side of the house, which is sheltered from the evil spray.  Must have moved in about 6 times in total.  :angry:

But whilst I was in the cleaning frenzy, Mr B, cooked a delicious roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puds, which I wolfed down with relish. And though it pains me to say it, his yorkshires are better than mine, and I was bloody well born there. Normally I do most of the cooking but he's recently discovered his inner Nigella.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 19 October 2015, 00:05 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2015, 23:59 »
Hubba hubba!!! Black cars look stunning when properly cared for and that is properly cared for!!!

Top work Miss Moderator! :cool:

Cheers Jimble, it's the start of a well pampered life for the R.

Us Mods have to lead by example. :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2015, 00:11 »
I'm sure the sight of fit young footballers with freshly waxed legs more than makes up for the inconvenience! But boy must that be annoying!!!

I cooked roast beef today too funnily enough (technically yesterday now) but I had to get Aunt Bessie round to help with the Yorkshires.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 19 October 2015, 00:36 »
I'm sure the sight of fit young footballers with freshly waxed legs more than makes up for the inconvenience! But boy must that be annoying!!!

I cooked roast beef today too funnily enough (technically yesterday now) but I had to get Aunt Bessie round to help with the Yorkshires.

Hockey players, not football. The sports club caters for hockey, cricket, tennis and croquet.  You get a better class of hooligan. :grin:  Yes, it a complete PITA!

Honestly you should try the Mr B method for Yorkshire pud.  He doesn't bother with weighing scales, just 'guesses' the quantities, chucks it all in a bowl and whisks away. And STILL they are better (only just mind) than my carefully constructed puds!!!!  I hate him.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Greerso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2015, 11:11 »
That's fantastic - thanks for sharing your expertise you certainly have an eye for the detail  :cool:

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2015, 11:35 »
Hi Rebecca,

A thorough and brilliant write up. It may have been knackering but the fruits of your labour have been worth it, the car looks stunning. 
Your write up was just in time for my first Winter prep (weather permitting) which I plan to start next weekend.  Just waiting on a Carpro clay cloth and some Dooka applicators to arrive then I'm all set....Apparently you never forget 'your first' Winter prep;-)

Here's what arrived last Thursday....

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2015, 12:52 »
That's fantastic - thanks for sharing your expertise you certainly have an eye for the detail  :cool:

Cheers Greerso. Nice pun, lol  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2015, 12:55 »
WOW, WOW, WOW!

Your cars are slowly making me a black car convert!

Brilliant work and brilliant write up!

Nice one!!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2015, 12:57 »
Hi Rebecca,

A thorough and brilliant write up. It may have been knackering but the fruits of your labour have been worth it, the car looks stunning. 
Your write up was just in time for my first Winter prep (weather permitting) which I plan to start next weekend.  Just waiting on a Carpro clay cloth and some Dooka applicators to arrive then I'm all set....Apparently you never forget 'your first' Winter prep;-)

Here's what arrived last Thursday....

Ooh!  Lots of nice goodies there.  Don't you just love it when a big box of detailing stuff arrives, lol. Be sure to post up a review and some pics if you get the chance. Are you planning on polishing?  I'm saving that till springtime.  No you never forget your first winter detail.  I've done a few but won't forget this one as my knees keep reminding me every time I walk up the stairs....creak!!!

Reminds me I need to order one or two bits but mainly some more DJ shampoo and a new pot of Mothers metal polish, having 4 tailpipes helps to get through the stuff. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2015, 13:01 »
WOW, WOW, WOW!

Your cars are slowly making me a black car convert!

Brilliant work and brilliant write up!

Nice one!!!

Haha! My plan is coming to fruition.  :evil:

How's your beauty? The i8, not Bev, lol (though I'm sure she is worth ten i8's).

I'm just sending you an email Neil re the clay mitt. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual