Author Topic: Your Top 3 detailing products!  (Read 18985 times)

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
Re: Your Top 3 detailing products!
« Reply #40 on: 29 May 2015, 20:36 »
1. Finishkare High Temp Paste Wax (Fk1000p) - Amazing value for money, so easy to use, great durability and the looks it gives aren't too shabby:

2. ValetPro Citrus Pre-Wash - A pre-wash that's great value for money, so versatile at different dilutions and doesn't smell too bad either!

3. Auto Finesse Revive - Makes my trims look exactly how I want them to, easy to apply with a foam applicator and it's a cool blue colour.

FK1000- Im still struggling to find a wax to beat this one! this is right up there with the high end stuff!

Offline Dean0991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 15 June 2015, 21:25 »
1- Meg's ultimate compound for removing swirls minor scratches and adding depth to your paint work.
2- clay bar for removing imbedded contaminants
3- Meg's carnuba wax paste for that epic water beading and show shine finish 

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 24 June 2015, 06:41 »
1 megs endurance tire gel
2 megs 205 polish
3 bilt hamber double coat wax

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 20 October 2015, 07:29 »
Update: 

It's been a while since I started this thread but time for an update of my top 3. The new Race Glaze Water Filter has already earned it's place after only a few weeks.  so it's now:

Top spot is still:
1.  WoWo Lambswool Wash mitt - not all wash mitts are equal.  Brilliant piece of kit.
Now closely followed by:
2.  Race Glaze 00ppm 7ltr Water Filter - finally an end to the evil twins: hard water + sunshine.
3.  Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam + proper lance - Ok, strictly speaking that's two things but some things are meant to be together.

So my DoDo Juice Blue Velvet Pro wax has slipped but still bl00dy good stuff!

As there's a few new people in this section now, let's hear you top 3. I will turn a blind eye to people posting more than once.  :wink: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 20 October 2015, 07:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 20 October 2015, 11:03 »
Not entirely sure if I qualify for this yet, where does enthusiastic cleaning stop and detailing begin? If I'm not strictly detailing yet then I'm pretty sure I'm heading that way so, here goes.

1. Mitts in general. I have the WoWo lambswool and the mf wheel mitt. Both a revelation in the ease of cleaning, the lambswool in the way it feels and inspires confidence that I'm not doing any damage to the paint and the wheel mitt in how it saves me from damage to my hands! Getting in behind the spokes and cleaning all the tricky bits would be very tough without it.

2. Bouncers Done and Dusted. A brilliant product, gives a great shine, lasts well and is so quick and easy to apply.

3. Finish Kare FK1000p. This was a tough choice against the Valetpro Billberry wheel cleaner which is so quick to get my wheels clean however, I think that is mainly due to the coating of FK1000p on the wheels preventing muck and brake dust taking a hold in the first place. Will be applying the FK to the bodywork soon so it may well move up the top 3...

I'd also like to add, although not a product, the forum members. Everything I've bought and used so far has been on recommendation here so many thanks to all you friendly helpful people, cheers :smiley:
« Last Edit: 20 October 2015, 11:06 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.