Author Topic: Your Top 3 detailing products!  (Read 18982 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Your Top 3 detailing products!
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2015, 23:33 »
In no particular order

Tardis What a feeling when you think the car is spotless but then spray some Tardis and see loads n loads of tar streaks magically appear.  I use it every other wash

3M Glass cleaner So easy to use with fantastic results. So much so Mrs P3 keeps stealing it for the kitchen / bathroom tiles.

DoDo juice red mist Unfortunately 4 of our cars are white so I find myself washing my daughters black Clio the most just so I can use this stuff as it gives the metallic finish a great shine. Anyone know something similar for white cars?

Keep up the good work Mrs Mod  :grin:

That's a lot of cars you've got to clean  :shocked:

P3 have you tried the red mist on white?  I know it would seem better suited to darker colours but maybe worth a try one time?

I love the wet shine Tropical Red Mist gives on black but find it a bit of a pain to buff off due to the oily consistency. I think the trick is to buff it off immediately after application, if you leave it for any time, it's a pig to remove.  I haven't quite got it down to a fine art yet, so don't use it as much as I would like.  Maybe you can give me some tips? 

If I had a white car I'd be trying a wax like DoDo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (SNH) or Diamond White.  I know these are hard waxes not sprays but no more effort to apply and buff off.  I like SNH, it gives a superb glassy shine but the finish looks a little sterile on black but I can see that being an advantage on a white car.  I expect Diamond White would be good for similar reason on whites and silvers.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-supernatural-hybrid-paste-sealant/prod_887.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-diamond-white/prod_405.html

:smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 March 2015, 15:45 »
I've heard that AutoFinesse Tough Coat is supposed to be good on white too

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: 30 March 2015, 18:43 »
Diamond white is awesome on white cars, that's what the beetle gets treated with.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2015, 19:30 »
Thanks I'll have a look at the Diamond White.
Yeah Bec I've tried the Red Mist on the white cars and its ok. I suppose because it doesn't make it pop like the black I was looking for something else but then again I doubt anything makes white pop!

I've found it really easy to use. A lot lot easier than wax. I only spray a couple of squirts on one panel at a time and then use a buffing cloth to spread and remove it at the same time.

For me its really quick. Well under 5 minutes to do my daughters wee clio
Here its here getting its first detail  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2015, 20:30 »
I've got repetitive strain injury from scrolling  :laugh:  That's the most pictures I've ever seen in a post.   Absolutely great reading and pics  :cool:

Holy cow, what a transformation  :shocked:   You never said you were a bit of a whizz with a polisher Steven.  Taught by the Masters.  Bet you and your daughter were thrilled with the results.

How did you find it with a rotary polisher?   I'd be terrified of burning through the paint.  Handy having practice panels to try out on.  I used my partner's Astravan when I first got the DA.  Let's face it, no great loss if it all went wrong on that  :grin:

Funny but I find wax easier to apply and buff off than sprays.  If you try the DJ Diamond White let us know what kind of result you get.  As White is a solid colour I guess you've not got to compare it to the metallics as far as paint pop goes, unless it's Oryx white.   Think more crystal shine, if you get my drift. 

Maybe Neil can post up some pics of Bev's bug showing results with the Diamond white?  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2015, 21:02 »
Here you go:-

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2015, 21:41 »

Definitely worth trying the Diamind White then  :cool:

Neil I love that your garage floor is GTI red  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2015, 22:59 »
That beetle looks fantastic thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bec. I thoroughly enjoyed my days training. It was well worthwhile it. It must have been 15 hours all in and at £200 you get to do your own car. My daughter was just 17 at the time and that was her first car so I wanted to spoil her, as you do  :laugh:

She still has the same Clio and when washed it still looks in pristine condition.

I just went straight to the rotary. I'd read all the horror stories but reckoned you'd have to be really careless to burn a hole but in saying that, some panels don't half get hot!

I just wish we had a garage as doing any detailing with nosey neighbours is a bit of a nightmare!!

I'll definitely look out for the Diamond White
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2015, 23:03 »
That Clio looks stunning, hope for us all that paintwork can be corrected, if you have the skill, tools and the time :smiley:

Used Auto Glym fast wax today for the first time, great product if you don't have much time.

My top three so far as a newbie to detailing are:

1. Wo wo wash mitt (fantastic product)
2. Poor boys wheel sealant
3. Britemax twins

Not tried the dodo juice red mist yet, so that's next on the shopping list.
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2015, 05:58 »

Definitely worth trying the Diamind White then  :cool:

Neil I love that your garage floor is GTI red  :cool:

It's as close as I could get! It has silver flecks in too  :laugh:

It's a bit tight in there so when I can afford it I want to take the central pillar out and have one big door, then I canjust drive in and out with no messing!