Author Topic: Carlack  (Read 8738 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: Carlack
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2010, 16:18 »
My wipers were fine before Carlack so I would think they are not the prob.

Guy : Not sure, I might have put too much on ? Might be put too little on ? I'm not sure. All it said in the instructions was to apply it with a paper towel, so thats what I did. I'm pretty sure I removed it all, all I had to go on to judge that was the window becoming crystal clear again and thats what I waited to see while buffing it off. Good shout on contacting the vendor/carlack, it wont do any harm.

With all due respect Kev the intructions are not very clear on the bottle, most of it its in German? But I have to say its works very well on my motor, yes its much better at certain speeds!! Enjoy Steve  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #31 on: 07 April 2010, 16:50 »

Guy : Not sure, I might have put too much on ? Might be put too little on ? I'm not sure. All it said in the instructions was to apply it with a paper towel, so thats what I did. I'm pretty sure I removed it all, all I had to go on to judge that was the window becoming crystal clear again and thats what I waited to see while buffing it off. Good shout on contacting the vendor/carlack, it wont do any harm.

With all due respect Kev the intructions are not very clear on the bottle, most of it its in German? But I have to say its works very well on my motor, yes its much better at certain speeds!! Enjoy Steve  :cool:

There's English instructions on each bottle too.  :wink:

Anyone know of an easy way to get it off ? I could then re-apply to see if I have made an arse of it.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2010, 17:36 »

Anyone know of an easy way to get it off ? I could then re-apply to see if I have made an arse of it.

I would try vinger? That might do it to get it it off? :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2010, 18:38 »

Good shout, will have to be careful using it though. Ta much.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline bobreece

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 07 April 2010, 21:26 »
i use this stuff and its brill never had a problem just make sure you wipe off well after left on and its all good

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 14 April 2010, 11:44 »
I re-applied this to my windows at the weekend. It seems to get better as you layer it up (last applied it about 3 months ago).

I don't bother with the white cleaning cream anymore. I did it the first time but that was it. With the sealant, I leave it on for 10 mins and then use a wet paper towel to remove it otherwise it's virtually impossible.

Once i've been over the windows with the wet towel, I use a clean MF to buff off any water marks.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 14 April 2010, 15:20 »

Good shout, will have to be careful using it though. Ta much.

If vinegar doesn't work you could try nitromors*

*don't try using nitromors  :wink:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 15 April 2010, 23:26 »
 :grin: