Author Topic: Just bought myself a tonne of stuff  (Read 7408 times)

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
Re: Just bought myself a tonne of stuff
« Reply #30 on: 15 November 2009, 17:08 »
[snowfoam will foam up alot more than standard shampoo will, though that turtlewax stuff is ok for washing it wont do the same job as snowfoam.

Agreed, but the point I was trying to make was that after using all the products and Dodo waxes VWKev has bought, he should'nt need anything more than a mild shampoo to wash his car.   Anything stronger will just remove the wax layers quicker.
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #31 on: 15 November 2009, 22:00 »
[snowfoam will foam up alot more than standard shampoo will, though that turtlewax stuff is ok for washing it wont do the same job as snowfoam.

Agreed, but the point I was trying to make was that after using all the products and Dodo waxes VWKev has bought, he should'nt need anything more than a mild shampoo to wash his car.   Anything stronger will just remove the wax layers quicker.

spot on with the above dude,

you can get ph neutral snowfoam which wont strip wax layers :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 20 November 2009, 13:02 »
Kev....from what I've just seen come off my car, you really should have a go with the clay bar!!
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #33 on: 20 November 2009, 13:21 »
Kev....from what I've just seen come off my car, you really should have a go with the clay bar!!

I'll def use it next time around.  :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 20 November 2009, 14:16 »
I think I'm starting to understand why the pro detailers charge what they do :wink: I haqve to stop now, I've run out of cloths! (thats my excuse & I'm sticking to it :wink:)
Cancelled Order

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #35 on: 20 November 2009, 16:07 »
I think I'm starting to understand why the pro detailers charge what they do :wink: I haqve to stop now, I've run out of cloths! (thats my excuse & I'm sticking to it :wink:)

Can never have enough cloths. I think I need more.  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #36 on: 20 November 2009, 20:41 »

yep :smiley: we charge what we charge due to the time and effort it takes to get cars looking spot on, as your finding out its not a five min job :huh:
its an art my friend :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 21 November 2009, 12:18 »
And while I'm sure a pro detail would probably look even better, its a rewarding thing to see something like the original quality of finish re-emerge. Mine's a pearlesant grey (the r32 one) so it doesn't gleam quite like a metallic, but the pearl effect itself is so much more obvious, and thats in this dull light. Ran out of daylight last night, so theres a few layers to go yet, but I'm pretty chuffed so far. In particular, the effects of claying (which is really easy so don't be put off) are phenomenal. I think waxamomo's added touch with the sweets is cool too, a few extra calories to help you plough on :wink:
Cancelled Order

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #38 on: 21 November 2009, 18:05 »
I agree, it's a great felling when you have worked for a few hours to stand back and see what you have achieved.

I hope tomorrow is good weather so I can get a few hours on my own car  :smiley:

Chris