Author Topic: Just bought myself a tonne of stuff  (Read 7409 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Just bought myself a tonne of stuff
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2009, 22:39 »
I think Dan explained that quite well. I'd also like to add that I didnt have anything to start with so I had a lot to buy in one go, basically starting from scratch.

I've now got a Karcher so I've got a lance and snow foam to buy next  :smiley: Wont buy them till I've finished my DJ Born to be mild shampoo.

Anyone any recommendations on a good snow foam ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #21 on: 13 November 2009, 01:23 »
www.i4detailing.co.uk :wink: contact matt and he'll sort you out, he stocks quite a few valetpro variants of snow foam,all very good so have a little swat up on each variant and take your pic :smiley:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 13 November 2009, 02:22 »
www.i4detailing.co.uk :wink: contact matt and he'll sort you out, he stocks quite a few valetpro variants of snow foam,all very good so have a little swat up on each variant and take your pic :smiley:

Thanks.  :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 November 2009, 08:35 »
Yep just to agree with the above really, the ValetPro Ph Snow Foam is very good:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=H&idCategory=27

Chris

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 13 November 2009, 09:34 »
 :embarassed: sorry chris!!!! didnt realise you stocked valetpro snowfoam.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2009, 09:57 by Rhyso »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 13 November 2009, 23:43 »
Chris, any idea when/if you'll stock the lances ?

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 November 2009, 11:46 »
This is quite a popular foam lance :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEAVY-DUTY-FOAM-LANCE-5L-SNOW-FOAM_W0QQitemZ390116691715QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad4c44f03

and you get the snow foam bundled in the package.

BTW these foam lances will give you plent of foam with just ordinary shampoo.  After using all that Dodo stuff you should only need a gentle shampoo to clean your car.

Rather than pay out for both Snow Foam and Shampoo I just buy my shampoo in bulk and then don't worry about using too much.  Costco sell 25 litres of this stuff for around £15 and it does the job for me  :smiley:

Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 November 2009, 14:31 »
Thanks Jonny, will look into that.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 14 November 2009, 15:40 »
This is quite a popular foam lance :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEAVY-DUTY-FOAM-LANCE-5L-SNOW-FOAM_W0QQitemZ390116691715QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad4c44f03

and you get the snow foam bundled in the package.

BTW these foam lances will give you plent of foam with just ordinary shampoo.  After using all that Dodo stuff you should only need a gentle shampoo to clean your car.

Rather than pay out for both Snow Foam and Shampoo I just buy my shampoo in bulk and then don't worry about using too much.  Costco sell 25 litres of this stuff for around £15 and it does the job for me  :smiley:

snowfoam will foam up alot more than standard shampoo will, though that turtlewax stuff is ok for washing it wont do the same job as snowfoam.

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 November 2009, 17:09 »
Dan - Don't worry  :grin: I just thought i'd post up and agree with you about the VP range.

VWKev - I honestly don't know, i'll be completely honest and say I have not found the manufacturer of them yet, I haven't exactly spent a long time looking as i'm working on a few different ranges of products at the moment. I do need to have a good look though and stock them as they are a great pre-wash aid.

Just to say, I quite often use my lance with just shampoo in, if I don't have time to give it a good clean it's amazing how much a foam and a pressure rinse can get off a well protected car.

Chris