Author Topic: Inters - meeting plans ??  (Read 8239 times)

Offline davidhawkins_78

• I live here
  • Valver Bad Boy
Inters - meeting plans ??
« on: 30 April 2004, 08:54 »
Hello you lot ...

Right I'm planning on leaving on Friday from the Brighton area at 4ish in the afternoon as that's the earliest we can leave (work and stuff), seeing as we're all trying to meet at the camp site / on route, but all seem to be leaving different times what contingency plans have we got to all meet up at some point?

Seeing as there's sooo many forum members hopefully going, and I'm assuming alot of new faces too, it's too good and opertunity to all get together - after all this is such a friendly forum why leave it at that when there's all of us in one place and plenty of stella to go around!!!

I'm not sure what to suggest - maybe we all post mobile numbers (not very safe I know), or organise a meeting point at a certain time and all go for a beer later in the evening ....

What do people think ??? Open to ideas too ...

'89 Monza Blue Valver
to quote a VW engineer, "the Mk1 was the prototype, the Mk2, the real thing!"

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:Inters - meeting plans ??
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2004, 12:11 »
Hi David,
Are you planning on going clockwise or acw on the M25? Not sure what time I'll be leaving yet, however I was hoping to leave a bit earlier than 4pm but then knowing me I'll probably end up running late.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2004, 12:17 »
David, I think Vix and her crew are travelling up on the Friday from the Crawley area..........you should definately be able to tie in with them if that is the case..........What are your plans Vix?

Offline davidhawkins_78

• I live here
  • Valver Bad Boy
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2004, 12:19 »
Anti-clockwise ... I'll be joining from the M23, so it's a shorter distance.

Just aquired a 'unofficial' copy of Autoroute 2004 if anyone wants some directions planned for them. Very nice piece of software ....

'89 Monza Blue Valver

Offline davidhawkins_78

• I live here
  • Valver Bad Boy
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2004, 12:22 »
Rich - if your coming from Guildford then ACW is shorter for you too ... only 12 miles or so though.

'89 Monza Blue Valver

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2004, 12:35 »
To be precise I'm coming from a place called Yateley which is a little outside Guildford......just said Guildford as most people know it.

Could still go anti-clockwise I guess, however I'm sure it'll work out longer and there be a toll to pay at the Dartford crossing won't there?

David, can you try checking the route from GU46 6DU going both ways around the M25.........what do you come up with? If there isn't much in it I may do that as at the moment it strikes me that most are travelling from the South/South East of the M25

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2004, 12:40 »
I'll be crossing at the dartford crossing....

V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline davidhawkins_78

• I live here
  • Valver Bad Boy
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2004, 12:43 »
From GU46 6DU  it's 146.4 miles clockwise and 152.3 anticlockwise, so other than the toll there's hardly anything in it. About 2hour 40 minutes driving at 'sensible' speeds and will cost about ?20 each way. (Told you it was clever : )

It's Friday afternoon though, so I'm not sure what's better Dartford tunnel traffic or Heathrow .... less speed camera's ACW though !

'89 Monza Blue Valver

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2004, 12:48 »
Plus you've got the 40mph roadworks that I have to negotiate everyday at Heathrow ::)

Everything is pointing to going acw

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2004, 12:50 »
By the way......thanks for that David........quite suprised how little there is in it :o