Author Topic: Am I doing something wrong..... Please Help UPDATED.........  (Read 1929 times)

Offline ben_n_katie

• Not said much yet
Re: Am I doing something wrong..... Please Help
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2008, 09:04 »
This Vag-Com is it a diagnostic computer??? If so I can get it checked for free. Its not just VW job?

If we start the car up and leave it for 1 - 6 mins just so its started to warm up its fine...

Im starting to hate cars I got enough trouble rebuilding my engine on my Mr2 Turbo..

Cheers, if anyone else has any more ideas let us know..

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2008, 10:10 »
This Vag-Com is it a diagnostic computer??? If so I can get it checked for free. Its not just VW job?

vag com is the software that talks to the car, its third party but can do pretty much everything VW can do.

i think most places charge about £40 for a diagnostic, but there is probably someone near you that has it.

If we start the car up and leave it for 1 - 6 mins just so its started to warm up its fine...

maybe your car just hates you for abusing her before she's had a chance to warm up, ragging a car from cold is only going to end one way and thats a fooked up engine.

isn't there something about the VVT not kicking in until the engine is warm?

Offline ben_n_katie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2008, 12:14 »
We only had her a couple of weeks.

Im very experienced with driving tubby's... I've told the missus to drive gently until car is warmed up and cool down etc etc.

I think the VVT warming up hasnt got anything to do with it...It wont even struggle to drive!

Im going to try and get it check on Vag-Com by my friend at the garage he works at...

Ill let you all know what, if anything, it brings up..

Ben

Offline ben_n_katie

• Not said much yet
Re: Am I doing something wrong..... Please Help UPDATED
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2008, 13:07 »
!!!!!!!!UPDATED!!!!!!!!:

Well she has been in for a full service on the 8th on the 11th the problem had got worse (Cold Start Only)..... So back we went to VW plugged it in and said there was a air flow problem. Left it there all day and they came back with the air mass metre. They changed it and it seemed to run fine again. Until i started it up this morning and yet again the bloody problem is back ahhhhhh. So off we went to VW AGAIN now they want it in for a few days (this aint gonna be cheap)

It makes me laugh, they wanted to charge us £170 for part and labour for the air flow metre. But when we said we would go elsewhere it suddenly dropped to £120 lol. We persisted and said no so they wanted to charge us £35 just for looking at the car.
Me being me said no hang on you said it could be a problem which they had caused and we managed to get the air mass metre done for just £75 and few pennys. They dropped all labour charges. Just goes to show how much they shove ontop of parts.

Bet they will sting us now car had to go back in. But I will persist and get it cheaper as they missed diagnosed it the first time round.

Sorry for going on. just thought id give you a update