Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654511 times)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2530 on: 04 April 2015, 14:24 »
I've found Peter Cooper to be, once prompted, fairly competitive. :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2531 on: 04 April 2015, 21:37 »
Driven down to Rebecca's world, wow forgot how poor the road surfaces are round here.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2532 on: 04 April 2015, 22:23 »
Driven down to Rebecca's world, wow forgot how poor the road surfaces are round here.

Sunny Beltinge? 

You're right, the roads around here are crap Peter.   You have to weave side to side on every journery to avoid the damned potholes.  Worse still, virtually every manhole cover is surrounded by deep trench, truly bone shaking if you have the misfortune to drive over one in an absent minded moment.  Highways are carrying out a programme of ineffectual repairs that last but a few weeks tops.

What possessed me to spec 19" wheels on my R??  Vanity won over practicality  :embarrassed:

Enjoy your Easter weekend, hope the grey drizzle ceases  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2533 on: 05 April 2015, 20:42 »

Sunny Beltinge? 

Enjoy your Easter weekend, hope the grey drizzle ceases  :smiley:

Thanks,  I certainly have been taking it very easy. It is Beltinge and very sunny, today was more about oysters and Guinness in Whitstable.

35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline EleanorGTI

• Just got here
  • Mk6 2010 GTI
« Reply #2534 on: 06 April 2015, 10:50 »
Hi, yesterday I painted my rear suspension arms and other nearby areas which had become a tad rusty. Looks much better now and glad I went to the effort. The weekend before this one I touched up my brake calipers. I would post some pictures but there is no option here currently. Next job is to change the brake fluid after which my Mk6 should be in tip top condition.  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2535 on: 06 April 2015, 11:39 »
Hi, yesterday I painted my rear suspension arms and other nearby areas which had become a tad rusty. Looks much better now and glad I went to the effort. The weekend before this one I touched up my brake calipers. I would post some pictures but there is no option here currently. Next job is to change the brake fluid after which my Mk6 should be in tip top condition.  :laugh:

Hi

You can post pics - you'll need a photo hosting account such as photobucket or flickr, or similar.  To post from photobucket - copy and paste IMG code of your chosen photo,  or if using Flickr - copy and paste BBC code.  There's also a help guide at top of new forum members section.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2536 on: 06 April 2015, 17:07 »
Power folding mirrors and door courtesy lights fitted. Wanted to fit the DAB boot aerial as well but ran out of time.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2537 on: 06 April 2015, 19:16 »
Power folding mirrors and door courtesy lights fitted. Wanted to fit the DAB boot aerial as well but ran out of time.

You make this sound so easy, was it? as they are all mods that i fancy having a go at doing.

Also rolled the all the windows down and enjoyed the 19 degree heat we had!

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2538 on: 06 April 2015, 19:33 »
Power folding mirrors were surprisingly easy, the hardest part was trying to get the door cards off!

Took me about 2 hours to fit and code.

The DAB aerial is actually pretty straight forward, some take the headlining down but i use an old fishing rod (with the eyes removed) to run a length of string from the rear of the car to the drivers side A Pillar.

Using this guide it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours with coffee breaks.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2539 on: 13 April 2015, 12:32 »
After not being able to get a wash or clean in for nearly 5 weeks (crap weather, work etc), at least got time to give the interior a good clean today, as the dust and Saharan sand, had reached tipping point.  Much better now  :smiley:  Exterior to do later this week, hopefully. 

Received my new Metrovac Sidekick dryer too so can't wait to try that out on the car.  As an added bonus you can dry hair/fur from across the other side of the room, had to try that.  The cat does not like it  :evil:
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 12:55 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual