Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653147 times)

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1430 on: 01 April 2014, 10:01 »
With more dust on the way not much point in washing the car until then weekend
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1431 on: 01 April 2014, 16:05 »
Just had it remapped by carbon chiptuning. Must say, Nick is a really nice guy, took me through everything he was doing and really polite. Really pleased with the end result, came out the car from the test drive with a massive smile on my face. Wasn't used to it at first and was getting wheel spin even in 3rd gear! so much torque and so linear you'd forget you're driving a diesel almost

Jay
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1432 on: 02 April 2014, 18:46 »
Updated the firmware on the MDI (exciting, I know) so no more jumbled track names.  Sometimes the little  things make a difference  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1433 on: 02 April 2014, 19:10 »
Updated the firmware on the MDI (exciting, I know) so no more jumbled track names.  Sometimes the little  things make a difference  :whistle:

Did you manage to sort your Bluetooth audio streaming problem?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1434 on: 02 April 2014, 19:34 »
Unfortunately not.  From what I've read I'm fairly certain it's firmware related. It's not something that bothers me too much (as I'll use the MDI to stream audio instead of BT anyway) but would be nice to have it working.

Getting speakers installed at the weekend and the chap I spoke with sounded fairly knowledgable so will ask his opinion.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1435 on: 04 April 2014, 19:07 »
Gave it a good clean to get rid of the Sahara dust. Then took it to the dealers to get the 2 wheels that were suffering from whiteworm replaced. So far so good, but..................the service manager inspected the new wheels after they were fitted and noticed the were both damaged  :angry:, so they're ordering 2 more!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1436 on: 04 April 2014, 22:32 »
All washed this evening and tucked away in the garage ready for having the brakes painted this weekend.

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1437 on: 05 April 2014, 22:31 »
Gave her a clean and treated her to a tank full of shell v power nitro plus...time will tell if it makes any difference
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1438 on: 06 April 2014, 09:05 »
All washed this evening and tucked away in the garage ready for having the brakes painted this weekend.

Second coatings the calipers today.  Also got the adhesive off the wheels from previous weights, it was a friggin nightmare!  Feel like my thumb nail is gonna fall off now  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1439 on: 06 April 2014, 11:19 »
Gave the inside a thorough clean and hoover, now it's started raining. :angry:  Will have to wait till tommorow to wash the Sahara off it - dirtiest it's ever been.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11