Author Topic: which dump valve?  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Ashy

• Not said much yet
Re: which dump valve?
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2008, 23:33 »
I replaced my Plastic crappy vw recirculating valve with one from ebay yesterday for £35 quid, NO WAY was I gonna pay £70 odd for a brand name (ie Forge) which does exactly the same job...

Oh my god, what a difference it has made to my car, the old one was obviously leaking boost... it is now a flying machine, especially with my Upsolute remap..

i got one of these....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300217221481

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2008, 00:08 »
ashy thats all well and good but forge made them specifically for the vag 1.8t

they are renouned for there quality

id rather pay 120 for my forge than get a crappy rep that may mess my car up just my opinion though :tongue:

Offline Ashy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2008, 00:32 »
You pays your money, you takes your chance....

After checking out my mates Forge and another mates ebay special (lol), they are exactly the same design, inside and out..... without the Forge embossing around the top & knurled edge .... Go figure  :laugh:..

I would rather spend my cash on other things than brand names....

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2008, 08:02 »
You pays your money, you takes your chance....

After checking out my mates Forge and another mates ebay special (lol), they are exactly the same design, inside and out..... without the Forge embossing around the top & knurled edge .... Go figure  :laugh:..

I would rather spend my cash on other things than brand names....

As you say you take a chance might well be fine - tho  Forge is proven to last and come with warranty, Sometimes i think you get what you pay for just my opinion though.

At least you have got rid of the crappy plastic one :afro:

When i went to the autosport show in jan forge were selling the forge 007p for £50  :laugh:   
« Last Edit: 23 April 2008, 08:05 by richw911 »

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2008, 09:33 »
I agree if you can get something identical without a name for half the price then its worth a pop but as mentioned Forge comes with a lifetime warranty you dont even need a receipt, when my old Split R I bought 2nd hand off some guy from edition f**ked up, I rang them, sent it to them and they sent me back a brand new one with receipt - cant complain with that!

Quick question, what sound do people get from a 007p with a cold air feed? Flutter, ching or dump?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2008, 09:50 »
ah see ilike the chatter sound too :) i may have a play with my forge split r

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2008, 16:48 »
im unsure what to do, i have like £700 left to play with my car, i need the DV, a descent induction kit, i cn get a custom 2.5"  exhaust for £300, an its not lowered yet, though on the 18's its not that desperate as it doesn't look to bad. i also want to get a good alarm fitted if anyone knows of any good deals in S.Wales?? 

if i spend loads on something i cut the budget of other's so im tryin to be careful, an £115 for a dump valve seems a bit pricey....

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2008, 17:07 »
get the j tech coilovers from ebay for £220 delivered do it, thats a good investment
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2008, 17:11 »
I agree if you can get something identical without a name for half the price then its worth a pop but as mentioned Forge comes with a lifetime warranty you dont even need a receipt, when my old Split R I bought 2nd hand off some guy from edition f**ked up, I rang them, sent it to them and they sent me back a brand new one with receipt - cant complain with that!

Quick question, what sound do people get from a 007p with a cold air feed? Flutter, ching or dump?

Depends what air intake you have TBH ive got pipercross panal filter and the air box is smoothed you can hear the dump inside the car but not very well outside.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2008, 17:13 »
do you have a link? i found these ones:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COILOVER-VW-GOLF-MK1-MK2-MK3-MK4-SPECIAL-OFFER_W0QQitemZ170212420685QQihZ007QQcategoryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

how much would you want for your DV ashmond? is there anythin wrong with it?

edit:
just found some janspeed coilovers for £235 delivered, quite happy with that, i may invest....
« Last Edit: 23 April 2008, 17:17 by _Adam_ »