Author Topic: Anyone got a dog?  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
Anyone got a dog?
« on: 03 September 2009, 15:21 »
Is the Mk6's interior dog resistant?
Or do the new soft feel plastics scratch easily?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Anyone got a dog?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2009, 15:33 »
yes i have a dog, but she is only a little westie so her claws aren't big!  as for the interior, she didn't scratch my mk5 inside - but all depends on the size of the dog you have i suppose!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2009, 15:49 »
I have a German Sheperd. She loves the boot of my MK5 R32. I have never had an issue with scratches in the boot but then again there is no real interior plastic in there. She doesnt get into the front or back of the car cus shes too big so I cant comment on how the interior absorbs doggy claws.

I do have the luggage mat liner thing in the boot to make it easier to clear out her hair. Only really needed if you have a big dog that sheds a lot.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2009, 15:52 by synnea »
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2009, 16:38 »
No dog, but the seats stuck to one of my jumpers like velcro and it stuck to the sides of the seats.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2009, 16:42 »
No dog, but the seats stuck to one of my jumpers like velcro and it stuck to the sides of the seats.

you should have got leather then  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2009, 16:43 »

you should have got leather then  :grin:

I did  :smiley:

I meant when I was doing my test drive with the normal tartan seats.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #6 on: 03 September 2009, 17:08 »
I have a German Sheperd. She loves the boot of my MK5 R32. I have never had an issue with scratches in the boot but then again there is no real interior plastic in there. She doesnt get into the front or back of the car cus shes too big so I cant comment on how the interior absorbs doggy claws.

I do have the luggage mat liner thing in the boot to make it easier to clear out her hair. Only really needed if you have a big dog that sheds a lot.

I have a labrador that I've not let into the boot yet cos she absolutely covered the boot of my old Peugeot so where did you get the luggage mat liner from I think that may help? Thanx
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 September 2009, 17:18 »

I have a labrador that I've not let into the boot yet cos she absolutely covered the boot of my old Peugeot so where did you get the luggage mat liner from I think that may help? Thanx

the boot liner thing comes with one of the packs, i forget which one - your dealer should be able to provide you with one.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2009, 22:40 »
Cheers for that matchboy will have a word tomorrow.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.