Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 874 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Quick question
« on: 05 July 2021, 21:55 »
As above, I should really know this by now, but can you set navigation on the vw head unit (to get the maps in the AID), but at the same time have navigation active through either apple car play or android auto (say via google maps or wave etc)?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2021, 22:04 »
I'm sure you can, I can remember Fred saying he could when he had his previous golf.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2021, 01:48 »
You can view the VW nav screen on the AID between the dials, including the small dial view, by selecting it from the steering wheel and at the same time plug your phone into the car and use Apple Car Play to select  (Google) Maps. Not quite identical screens but pretty good. I can’t comment about Android Auto as I use an iPhone.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline mb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2021, 02:57 »
Yes you can view both maps at the same time but as soon as you use Google Maps for guidance, the map in the AID is switched off

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2021, 07:01 »
Yes you can view both maps at the same time but as soon as you use Google Maps for guidance, the map in the AID is switched off

This ^^
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2021, 08:59 »
Yup... exactly as above.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2021, 09:59 »
I did manage to trick it once somehow into having the map in the AID while Waze navigation was running, but it was just a fleeting glitch